Chapter 41

The numbers beeped as I pressed them on the phone. Nick watched my every move. I slowly put the phone up to my ear and it rang two times before she answered. It usually takes longer for her to answer, but since I've been gone, I know she's been waiting for a call from me.

"Lily? LILY! Honey, I've been so worried! Where are you?" Her voice had panic in it and she was rushing through her words. It bothered me greatly that I had to lie to her and tell her everything was alright.

"I'm fine, Mom." I paused and looked at Nick. He was nodding along, happy to hear the words he wanted to hear. "I'm at Harry's." I stuttered a little bit. "Don't worry about me."

"I'm so happy you're safe but I didn't recognize the number when you called...is that Harry's home phone?"

I looked at Nick. He raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to respond to my mom and lie once again.

"Yeah, that's his home phone." I lied with a monotone voice.

"Ok well I'll check in on you later. Please answer when I call, ok? Or text."

"Ok." But how was I going to?

"Alright, hun, love you."

"Love you." I echoed.

My mom hung up and I was afraid that would be the last time she would hear her daughter's voice. It'd be the last time she'd lose the last person in her life...I'm all she has left. Except right now she doesn't know Jackson is alive. My mom may think our family has fallen apart but the truth is we're all here...except for my dad.

I watched Nick, knowing he was about to speak. He clasped his hands and rested them on his desk.

"May I have your phone?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, give me your phone. You can't contact anyone." He reached a hand out waiting for me to place my phone in his rough hand.

"My phone is my property! You have no right to take it!" I snapped.

Nick stood up from his desk chair, his body towering high as I still sat in my chair and looked up above me.

"You don't want to experience hell...do you?"

I remembered what he said before the phone call. I didn't want to experience hell even though something inside of me told me I would, no matter what I did. I sat there for a moment, wondering if I should obey or keep arguing...but where was arguing going to take me? Nowhere.

I reached in to my jeans pocket and handed him my phone. I felt regret shoot through me as I passed it over to him and watched him grab it from my hand, yanking it from me like a child taking a toy, but what could I do? Nick pulled a drawer out from his desk and stuck it in the middle drawer.

"Well, that's all I have planned." Nick's smile creeped upon his face. "For now." He laughed quietly, his smile so wide that he had major crinkles by his eyes.

I didn't want to know what the future holds for me right now. I could see Nick's mind working intensely and what disgusting plans he had for me, and even Harry. God, I couldn't think of Harry right now. Knowing Nick is pissed off at how I got involved with Harry and how I know of what goes down in the warehouse, I can't bare to think of what will happen to him. I couldn't loose him, I couldn't carry on in this world. There'd be no purpose. But for now, all I can do is wait and see.

Nick was still standing and he called for security to take me back to my cage, as I like to now call it. I know what it's like for dogs and cats to be in an animal shelter but I'm sure it's not as bad as this.