A Real Highlight

Chapter 1

Adam

"Love!" I shouted up the stairs pulling off my tie. Today, had been a motherfucker of a day. Four meeting, a trip to London and half a ton of missing cocaine. Whatever, I'll worry about that tomorrow. Now, is time for the best part of my day.

I hung up my jacket, and undid my cufflinks so I could roll up my sleeves. I jogged up the white marble stairs to the master bed room. This house was my magnum opus. It took me a year to design it, then another two to have it built. Five hundred pristine private acres. A gated driveway that leads to a country club setting with 6 car garage, guest suite, pool, pool house, slate roof, generator and outdoor basketball and tennis court. It was our special home with architectural details and mill-work throughout. Amazing outdoor space with patios and outdoor BBQ. 440-foot of lake frontage, 28 bedrooms, 12.5 baths, marble fireplaces, intricate limestone molding and plaster relief ceilings. Exquisite dining room with beveled mirror panels and handsome library with spectacular detail. Fabulous gardens and of course Jennifer's wrap around porch.

"Jennifer! I'm home, love", I said in the hallway just about to open up the bedroom door. I saw her laying on our bed hovering over Fitzgerald and Maria.

"Ssssshhhh. I just got them to go down", I crawled across the bed to her wrapping Jennifer in my arms. I kissed her cheek.

Whispering in her ear I said,"How was your day?"

"It was a really exciting day", she said giggling as I nuzzled against her neck.

"Really?" Once Jennifer had the babies she was a bit melancholy she couldn't go back to work as quickly as she wanted to. But, she still dropped in via Skype call and she could always call to check in on her patients. She owned the hospital after all.

"Yeah, I gave the twins a bath, change diapers, breastfed, dropped Alma off at school, changed more diapers and and did it all while they cried nonstop", so not an easy day," How was your day?"

"Nothing I couldn't manage", I said thinking about the lunch that happened in London. I was trying to expand my market further into China. Too bad the distributor wanted to play hardball. I had to break his neck.

Fitz started to get fussy," I got him, love. Go rest". I pick up Fitz who was wide awake and wanted none of the swaddling Jennifer had put him in.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, little man and me will be just fine. Go rest", she nodded and picked up Maria.

"I'll put her in her bed", Jennifer quickly kissed me and  turned on the video baby monitor.

"I mean it. Rest, love. No looking for work", I whisper yelled.

"Ok, ok, my mom will be here for night duty in a hours. Are you hunger?" She asked.

"Nah", I stood up with Fitz and walked over to Jennifer. I bent down and kissed Maria on the head.

My precious little girl.

"Don't forget Alma still wants her story before we go. Little mama is mad as hell at you for missing storytime two nights in a row", she said.

I chucked at that I was upset too. But, I've just not had the time. " So we are still good for the party tonight? Or do you want to--"

"NO", Jennifer said quickly. She took a deep breath and said,"A night is good. So, I'm going to get ready".

Weird.