Chapter 9: A Disaster?

Jaiden (Jaiden Animations):

"James, I'm worried... we came here to party, not to get scared... is this supposed to be a joke? Like a haunted house type of party? If so, then why isn't Nathan or Matthew waking up? Why isn't the other guy here? Why isn't this hoodie girl helping us? At least we need some clues!" I say worried. My friend James has a worried look on as well. The birthday man and his best friend have gone unconscious, and another invited member has gone missing inside this house. There are only 4 people alive and awake that can help us now. James, a man named Will, the hoodie girl, and myself. "Hey, since we have nothing to do, why don't we get some help with all these people around us? I mean, they could help us find a clue in some way," James suggested. We both split off to another person, me accompanying Will and James accompanying the hoodie girl.

Jaiden: Ok Will, I would like to ask some questions. How do you know the birthday man?

Will: I actually don't know him that well, aside from... *sniffs* aside from... * a tear falls* my best friend, Dawko.

He started tearing up a little, so I waited patiently for him to finish.

Will: Lewis Dawkins was my best friend for a long time, and he knew Nathan by listening to one of his music videos and commented on them.

Jaiden: Do you know anything about the incident back at the start of the party? Do you remember how we ended up here?

Will thought for a moment, and I thought as well. After a solid minute, his face lit up.

Will: I think I do! Uh... Lewis and I were just arriving when we saw you and another man dizzily sit down. We both offered to help Matt sit you guys down, but he said that he would handle it. Dawko helped anyway, but I was pretty thirsty. I noticed a big fruit punch bowl from where you guys were unconscious, so I decided to take a glass. It was refreshing... and then... hm, I don't remember anything after that...

"So I wasn't the only one late!" I think as I bullet all the info into my pocket-sized notebook. James and I bought it for each other a few days before, and I've been writing in it ever since.

Jaiden: Will, I'm sorry to ask this question, but why did you start to tear up when you talked about your best friend?

Will stared at me like I grew an arm from my forehead. He kept staring even after I broke eye contact with him. "Oh man, I should've never asked that question..." I think as I start to stand up. Midway, Will stops me.

Will: I'll tell you, but just don't tell anyone.

I nod politely, and scooch my chair a bit closer so I can hear better, and get all the notes down.