Chapter 41: Dice Of Death.

James (TheOddOnesOut):

          "James?" I hear, and I look up to see Nathan Smith. We've both never really had a great connection, but he's someone I can at least trust. He is the birthday man after all.

          I smile, and signal him to sit beside me. He does, and I show him the little masterpiece I've created with the pieces I had. It seemed weird that many shards of glass could even create a picture, let alone a full masterpiece, but then again, I'm an artist. That's my job. So I was able to find which fit into what, and I was able to create a full dice with both broken containers and a duct tape roll I stole from Nova, the so - called villain in this household. The dice doesn't look complete though, just with two pieces missing. Jaiden and Dawko. The two people who died, and the two people that will be dearly missed.

          Their deaths are pure misery. Dawko dies with multiple stabs to the chest, and Jaiden collapses by drinking poison. Jaiden was the most shocking for me, because she was so close to confessing her true feelings to me... right before she took a sip of that horrid drink.

         I shake my head from the quick flashback, and I immediately see a detail that's too big to miss. Every face has a name on it. 6 faces on the dice, 6 names. I glance over to where Nate sat, and realized he went to go grab the other pieces. Soon, everyone was gathering around me as I glue the last piece together.

MatPat (Game Theory):

         "Now, what do we do with this thing?" I say, holding the glass dice with both my hands. "I don't know why I created it actually. I just saw two pieces that fit together, and then I saw another, and that leaded me to this." James says, pointing to this. "Do you think Nova did this on purpose? Do you think we should roll it? I mean, James secured the glass with duct tape, except the names, so I think it's safe to roll, right James?" Nate says, appearing at my shoulder. James gives me a thumbs up, and I bring back the dice like a bowling ball.

*Clink, clink, clack, clink*

Matt.

         "Okay, so it rolled my name... so what?" I say, trying not to show my fright. "I don't know, maybe you'll die next." Will says with no feelings in his words. He was probably still shook from Dawko's dead body. "Dude! That doesn't help!" Nate says, taking his hand off my shoulder and turning to face Will. It seemed like he was about to do something bad, so James and I jumped in the middle of their view. James took protection of Will, and I tried to stop Nate from attacking that depressed soul. This exact scenario happened just an hour ago. "Dude, just snap out of it!" I say, not taking my eyes off his revengeful gaze. "He wants you dead, Matt, how do you not get angry? I lost you once, I'd rather die then to let that happen to you again!" I was happy that he was protecting me, but he's on the verge of killing Will. "Nate, just calm yourself down. Maybe Will is right. This is the Dice of Death after all.." I say, loosening my grip on his arms. "Dice of Death?" He says, pausing the rage he had earlier. "Yeah. Remember the closet where we found Dawko? Well I kinda saw it written with Dawko's blood on a piece of paper. I didn't want to tell you, because that was happiest time I've ever had in a really long time. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but either way, I knew it my time to go.." Nate meets my gaze, and I'm surprised to see a smiling face. "It's alright, Matt, that was kinda the best time ever,  don't you think? But I don't want that to be your last fun experience with me. C'mon, let's do something that'll make you fulfill all your dreams." My best friend says, dragging me somewhere. Before I could even ask where he's dragging me to, I was interrupted by the bed shaking.

*Hey guys, as you guys already know, voting has now ended. Uh...MatPat has the least amount of votes... so um..😐*

5 Taken... 1 Escapesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें