Chapter 3- Part 2 of 4 - Are you tired yet?

Start from the beginning

            “This won’t end well.” he muttered.

Ana launched her Diamond Cutter attack and the hail of blades from her wings flew towards Jason at incredible speeds. 

           “Defend!” Jason yelled as the shadow specter returned towards Jason as and stretched its arms wide and bared its chest as if to embrace the blades. They all connected as the shadow specter vaporized but Jason was unharmed. Sage relaxed his left arm which had been ready to shield Jason.

           “You alright?” Ana smirked as she removed a strand of hair from her face. Jason was still a bit shaken by his near death experience. He exhaled. 

          “You bitch! You were actually trying to kill me!”

          “Your enemies won’t let up because you’re human they’ll do every underhanded thing you can think of.  Now again!” she barked, Summon more and let us see what other tricks you have.”

           Sage sighed and his body sank into the chair. His sister was still a demon. He shook his head and flipped to the next page of the newspaper. Jason summoned another Shadow Specter and a Giant Serpent this time. However he became light headed as the specters entered onto this plain through the portal. Even though these were  low level demons he still needed to work on his physical endurance and stamina as he remember what he had read.

 The familiars of darkness feed on the life force of the Gate Keeper. One must feed the mind and body to properly wield this power effectively. The stronger the demon you wish to summon from beyond the Gate the more life energy you must sacrifice to tame and purify its wicked heart and make it a servant of the light”

                “And these are only D class demons.” he sighed then steadied himself. “Come at me Ana!!”

         Time trailed along at the Saint Maria’s Memorial Hospital and Clinic as Lance observed how decked out the office was with diplomas, awards and a few pictures of Dr. Ganesh’s family and art work. It was a nice office, and the air conditioning and fancy furniture didn’t hurt either. The air was cool as Lance listened to the sound of his own heart beat. As he spoke his voice broke through the stillness of the room. Dr. Ganesh sat in his chair just a few feet away with his glasses on his nose, his eyes analyzing Lances every movement to detect uneasiness or any other indication pertinent to the session. He occasionally tapped his black shoes as his bushy brows twitched and relaxed as he listened. This Indian man wasn’t the tallest or the strongest looking fellow but he had a presence Lance thought to himself.

              “About those dreams you mentioned.” Dr. Ganesh started to prod.

              “They aren’t dreams they’re nightmares. I haven’t been able to sleep properly for weeks and I’m so tired.” He yawned. So if I fall asleep on the comfy couch you know why.” he fluffed the pillow and gave a grin. The doctor shook his head and laughed when suddenly the phone rang. The call seemed important; luckily the session was about over already anyway so Lance waved as he took his bag up and exited the room. He walked to the elevator then remembered what had happened the week before and quickly decided to take the stairs. Call it paranoia, but he just felt uneasy in the elevator. He wiped his drowsy eyes as he went down the stairs.

        To continue on the path of being normal the Doctor had recommended that he go back to his usual sports and activities. So Lance was heading towards his dojo to start back his Taekwondo classes. As he rode down the road he found himself wanting to go check on Jason and the other but dismissed the thought. On arriving at the dojo he went to the changing room and quickly changed into his gee and pants and tightened his brown belt around his waist. He ran past the reception office kicking his old friend Nicholas and kissing Trish on the cheek. They were both dumbstruck after not seeing him in so long. Lance ran then came to a stop at the stage area where classes were held. He kneeled at the back of the class waiting to be acknowledged by his Sensei.