Chapter 1- Part 1 of 4 - Pride comes before the fall

• Dedicated to Kokab Zohoori-Dossa

This Chapter had to go to my good friend Kokab she's awesome we were suppose to be doing this together but she  backed out and left me to it ( lol no hard feeling) but i wonder how it would have been if she and I had done it together...

____________________________________________________________

              “Lance! God…I… I have to go,” the female voice said with a sigh. She hung up and Lance was left to his own thoughts. He lay there in his bed contemplating the argument when suddenly his phone went off; it was a text from her.

           “She broke up with me!” he growled. He had barely finished reading it when he threw the phone against the wall. He began to stew in his rage, cursing and pacing the room. “And on my birthday no less! That little….” he bit his lip trying to contain himself, but his rage slowly leveled as his confusion, and the gripping feeling of what had just happened, sunk in. He dropped back onto his bed and played with his basketball, trying to grasp it in one hand and squeeze out some of his frustration. Unsuccessful in his endeavors, he used two hands for this vice grip to work, as he applied pressure from either side. 

         “Stupid thing,” he growled as he released the ball.

He slowly pulled the covers over his head. Lance would have stayed that way for the rest of the day if his friends Jason and Ryder hadn’t come along a few hours later. 

             “Lance, Ryder and Jason are here!” his mother bellowed. He rolled over preparing for the sequence of events about to unfold. The door flew open and then two masked assailants stormed the room with confetti and crazy string, noise makers and party hats.

            “Happy Birthday!!!” They both erupted as they trampled, stoned and nearly deafened their friend in the excitement. However, Lance was unmoved; covered in string and confetti with a countenance on his face that couldn’t be defined as anything other than desolate.

    On the left of his bed was Jason,  5’10’’  pale in complexion and normally wore glasses,  but today was sporting his contacts.  He had more body, but wasn’t as toned as Lance and had dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Jason was the smartest one of the lot and often deemed the nerd of the group but surprisingly didn’t look it.

    On the right, with a noise maker in mouth and drowning Lance in crazy string, was Ryder. At 6’ tall, he was able to stand toe to toe with Lance, but had more body to show his toned muscle than Lance. He was the bad-ass of the group, with a beard and moustache he had become very fond of over the past few weeks. He thought it made him look rugged and manly. His dark black hair popped when contrasted with his olive, but tanned, complexion.

Lance slowly cleaned himself as he explained the situation that had occurred a few hours before their arrival.

                “Dang, that's messed up man,” Ryder shook his head.

                “Mhmmmmm,” Jason nodded as he agreed.

                “Here is what we're going to do. We are going clubbing mates! After all we can’t afford for her to ruin your birthday!” Ryder announced. Lance attempted to decline but was overlooked. He reluctantly agreed and the two soon departed to give him some time to think. The hours rolled past slowly as he laid there staring into the nothingness of his dark room - breaking the silence with groans and sighs as he tossed and turned - but soon, the time to leave was nigh, so he took a shower and got ready for the night ahead. 

    On exiting the shower, he strolled into his room with a grey towel wrapped around his waist. His dark brown hair glistening with water droplets as he shook his head to get the water out his ear. Passing a mirror, he caught a glimpse of his reflection. Lance was slim, but was a built individual. His training at the Dojo kept him in shape, but he didn’t eat enough to really put on any significant weight. Upon seeing himself in the mirror, he instinctively traced the birth mark that wrapped around from his left shoulder to his mid-forearm. He walked over to his closet where he looked for a nice button up shirt. Most people would find it strange that he always wore long sleeves shirts out of his house, but it was to hide his birthmark, which he was pretty self conscious about. Only Jason Ryder and his now ex girlfriend knew about it.