Chapter 3- Part 2 of 4 - Are you tired yet?

It was Tuesday and Dr. Ganesh was just wrapping up his session with Lance. This marked the second week he had been seeing the doctor and he felt at ease. Dr Ganesh was a very charismatic individual and Lance couldn’t help but admire his wisdom and approach as he spoke to him.  He didn’t feel crazy or inferior, he felt like a normal person again as he laid on the couch speaking his mind about Ivy’s death and how he felt about it.

             “Well, she saved me.”

            “What exactly happened? Let’s walk through it.” 

           “She saved me…” Lance paused as he flashed back to what happen. He couldn’t very well say that she was scooped up and dragged to the depths by a giant Kraken. He shook his head to dismiss his thoughts. 

           “How did she save you?”

            “She sacrificed herself during the storm.” he cleared his throat and fought back the tears as the lies left his lips. He had to make sure to leave out all the excess details about the day, in fear that he would seem even crazier than he already sounded. He tried to separate what was in his mind from reality and from the reality people didn’t know about. This made it harder for him to really open up to the Doctor and relax but he was still making progress the Doctor reassured as they went along.

       Meanwhile at the junkyard Jason was now practicing his conjuration of the familiars, tamed demons used to fight for a strong warlocks or witches who performed a right to have control over these creatures. Jason was now going to test his new skills against Ana.

          “Shadow Specter!!” he roared as he finished casting the spell and waved his hand over the page and with that a portal opened [The Summoning].  A Shadow specter rose from the portal that was created, ready for battle. It seemed to be an extension of Jason’s own shadow.

              “I’m impressed.” Sage nodded.

             “Let’s test this thing out.” Ana scoffed at the low level demon Jason summoned as she dashed towards it.

            “Get her!” the Shadow specter sank into the ground and shot towards her emerging once close enough and they entered hand to hand combat. After a few strikes were exchanged Ana kicked the creature back and then floored it with an elbow strike to the top of its head. She then finished by sinking her heel into its head with a stomp. Jason flinched from the unnatural sound it made. It was over or so Ana thought. The shadows specter’s remains began merging with the ground beneath it and stretched behind the oblivious Ana. 

            “This thing is hardly worth fighting.” sighed Ana. Jason chuckled as he shook his head “What are you laughing...” 

            “Dark beam!” he interrupted. The creatures head reformed and rose behind Ana with its mouth open wide, it fired a ball of dark energy into Ana’s back, catching her of guard and sent her into a pile of wrecked cars

         “Oops… was that too much?”  Jason teased. He tried to keep a straight face as he chuckled. Sage lifted his news paper in front of his face and snickered at his baby sister’s blunder as he watched from the porch of the house. Ana quickly recovered and flew from the wreckage and brushed herself of in the air.

            “Laugh it up little boy!”

Sage’s eye twitched.