chapter 38

It's been a few days since the beach. My birthday is in two days and I have a lot of planning to do.
"Ali come down to my room please. " My mom said over the intercom. I walk over to it and press the button.
"Why? "
"Because I have dresses for your birthday. "
"Alright."I let go of the button and walk downstairs. I walk down the hallway to my parents room and knock.
" Come in. "I open the door and walk in. I see my mom standing by two headless mannequins
" Woah. Those are beautiful. "I say.

"You made these for me? " I asked

"You made these for me? " I asked. She nodded.
"It took me four months to make the ball gown and two months to make the prom dress. "
"She's great huh? " Dad said from beside me.
"She is and they're beautiful but don't you think it's too much? "
"No it's not. You are going to wear these on your birthday. You can wear that one black dress I made you to the dinner tomorrow but these are for the party. "
"I'm not having another quince. "
"Not another just something similar. We aren't going to do the dances but I want to show off my beautiful daughter in some dresses I made. We will have family and coworkers there. Invite some people from school. "
"Tell Wes. " Dad added. I nodded.
"Thanks mom. Can I try them on. " She nods.
---------------------------------------------_--------------------------------------------------------------
15 minutes later and I'm walking upstairs. I see Jess at the top looking frantic. When she sees me she sighs.
"What are you doing? We have a game in a hour. Go get ready. "
"Oh shit. " I said and ran to my bathroom and joes into the shower.
10 minutes later I get out and hurry up and dry my hair. I pull it back into a ponytail the put on my undergarments. I walked into my room and grabbed my duffle. I threw all my crap in there. I sawy knee pads on my desk and put them in my duffle. I got out my uniform and set it on the bed. I went into my closet and grabbed my shoes.
"Yum.you look hot. " Blake says when I walk back to my room.
"I sure hope I do. " I said dryly. I put on my uniform then my shoes. I was number 8. I'm 8 for both sports I play.
"Ali we have 30inutes before the game starts. " Jess burst through the door.
"Chill I'm ready. You'll meet us there right? " I say to Blake.
"Yea." I give him a kiss and grab my bag. Me and Jess head down to the Escalade. We get in and I drive to the school.
"Your lucky. " Jess said.
"How? "
"You have everything someone would want. You have a good family. Your popular. You have the perfect boyfriend who you know would never cheat on you. Your rich. You have a oil executive father and a fashion designer mom. You play two sport. You have full ride scholarships for both sports that you can go to any college with.. You have the life. "
"You're right. But I share it with my best friends. My parents are basically your parents. My popularity is yours. Me best friend since birth is my boyfriend. I overheard coach talking with another scout. It was for you UCLA wants to give you a full ride acholorship for volleyball. But there was also other schools giving the same offer. It's up to you to choose when coach tells you. My life is basically yours. " I say as I pull into the school parking lot. I looked at her.
"I love you Jess. Don't forget that. " She nodded and we got out. I grabbed my bag from the back seat and walked into the school. We walked down to the girls locker room.  We seen everyone in there. We go to our lockers and put our stuff in there. Coach walked out of her office. She blows the whistle.
"Alright ladies. Today's game will be a easy one. It's your first game. Don't stress it. Play like the player I think you are. Alright tigers on three. One two three. "
"Tigers! "We all yelled. We walked our to the gym and grabbed some balls. I seen Blake and grabbed Jess. We went over to him.
" Blake take a picture of us please. "I ask and give him my phone. He takes the picture and hands me my phone to look at it.

" I look good

" I look good. "Jess days. I chuckle and give my phone to Blake.
" Don't break it. "
"No promises. " Me and jes goo to practice.
"Who are we playing against? " I ask
"NHS." She says. This is easy. It's kinda hard when we play against NHS because a lot of my cousins go there. Either there or WHS or SHS. I go to EHS. East High School. North high school,  west High school and South high school. Classic right? When I play softball I play against Tatiana. Coach blows the whistle. Me and Jess go over to her. She names whose playing and we get into position. Time to play.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Count! " Someone shouts. I move and bump the ball. Alicia sets it and Jess spikes it but its blocked. Samantha bumps. Tania sets and Yolanda spikes. It goes over but a girl saves it. The score is 12-14. We need one point to win. Jess sets and I spike but it's blocked. Tania misses the ball.
"Point, North. "It's their serve. Number 16 serves and it goes over. Tania bumps. I set and Jess spikes. It's blocked. I save. Samantha sets and Alicia spikes. They save. And it comes over again. Yolanda bumps and Alicia sets and I spike. It's blocked. Yolanda saves. Samantha sets and Alicia spikes. It hits the ground. The crowd cheers.
" WE JUST WON!! "I scream at Jess.
" YES YES YES! "We jump around. Hanna,  Alyssa and Monica run up and hug us. We are jumping around.
" Congratulations! "They say.
" Oh my god!  For a minute I thought they were going to win. "Jess says. I nod.
" Well you won. We will celebrate it tomorrow at dinner. "Dad says. We agree.
" Let's go change. Well meet you at home. "I say.
" Ok. Be careful. "Dad says.
" I will. "I kiss his cheek and go into the locker room. Me and Jess shower and change.

We walk out to the car and get in

We walk out to the car and get in. We drive home and I park. We grab out stuff and walk upstairs. I go to the kitchen and start making dinner.