chapter 33

I woke up to a scream. I got up and ran out to the hallway. I heard it coming from the living room. I go in there and see Hanna sleeping on the couch. She is moving and thrashing. I run to her and try to wake her up.
"Hanna. Hanna.  Hanna. Hanna. Wake up!  Hanna! " I say. She jolts up. Sweat is all over and she is crying. I sit next to her and hug her tight.
"What happened babe. " I say.
"There was a shooting at school. I remember seeing a person in a black hoodie holding a gun. The gun was pointed at the principal. And everyone was screaming and running. It was just too much. " She cries. I hear footsteps. I look over and see everyone else in the doorway. 'What time is it? 'I mouth to Alyssa. '5: 10'she mouths back. I nid.
"Honey it's almost 5: 15. What do you wanna do? " I ask.
"I just wanna get ready. I need time to the k about what I saw. Or dreamt. " She said shaking and walked out of the room. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.
"What happened? " Jess asked.
"I don't know. I woke up to hear her screaming. I run in here and she's asleep. She was thrashing and screaming. When I woke her up she said there was a school shooting. She said someone in a black hoodie pointing the gun at Mr. Gomez. "
"I wonder what it means. " Brandon said.
"What do you mean? " I ask.
"Sometimes when someone had a tragic dream. It's usually a prophecy. Or it will feel like deja vu when something happens that you've dreamt of. " He explains. I mull it over.
"Well I just hope nothing like this happens. " I get up and go to take a shower. (Outfit above) ⬆⬆⬆
-+-++++++---++--++++++---++++++++---------------++-+--------------------
I am in English. We are reading so its super quiet. Mr. Wes is sitting at his desk grading our test we took earlier.
"Alright class the test have been graded and the class average is --" He gets cut off by the code red alarm. Shit this is my worst nightmare.

I would've listened to Hanna. She said we should stay home. She had a bad feeling. Everyone. Was trying to evacuate. I heard a gunshot. Oh my god. I ran. I was pulled into a room. I looked at who grabbed my arm. It was Sam. He pulled me down in the corner of the classroom. There was screaming outside of the school. I could hear it through the window. I was silently crying. This is my worst nightmare. I never thought this would happen. I'm not prepared for this. My hands we're on my mouth to muffle my crying. It was dead silent in the school. I pointed at the window  and looked at Sam.
"What." He whispered.
"Can we go through there? " I whispered back. I was shaking.
"He looked out the window then back to me. I didn't realize the window led to the front of the school. I could see cop cars and students. I can see parents starting to drive in. I was so scared I was frozen in place. I heard another gun shot. I jumped. I was far away. It's sounded so close though.
" I think its coming from the second floor. "Sam whispered.
" Come on let's go. "He said. I stayed rooted to the spot. He came and sat back down and wrapped his arms around me. I was crying into his shoulder.
" I can't do this. I'm not prepared. What about the others where are they. "I cried.
" Come on Ali. Before they get down here. "He said. That made me move. I got up and we went to the window. I went to the window. Sam was looking at the door. I opened the window and climbed out. Sam wasn't too long after me. Then we ran. The nearest cop stopped us. I was still crying.
" Are you alright miss? "He asked. Inspecting me to make sure I don't have any wounds. I nodded.
" Just scared. "I said shaking. He nodded and did the same to Sam. My phone was buzzing. I looked at it. 77 missed calls. Blake, Monica, my mom, dad,  everyone in my contacts that we're family and close friends we're calling me. Right now it's my mom. I hurry and answer.
(M=mom a=Alejandra)
M: honey are okay. Oh my god where are you.
She was crying. I could hear it. She sounded frantic. I could hear Monica and dad in the background.
A: I'm ok. I was in the school. I was with sam. We went through the window and got checked by the police.
My voice was shaking. I am terrified.
M: honey I'm in the parking lot next to your car. Everyone else is here. Come here now.
A: I will as soon as they are done checking Sam.
M: ok be careful.

We hung up. Sam stood next to me.
"Who was it?"
"My mom. " I answered wiping my tears.
"She said she was parked next to my Escalade. Come on. I just wanna go home." I said. We walked to my car. I saw two news vans drive in. I see Blake pacing. I run up and hug him.
"Ali.are you ok? Where were you? Why didn't you follow me? "He fired question after question.
" I'm fine. I heard a gunshot and I froze. I ran down the hallway until Sam pulled me into a classroom. We sat there for 20 minutes. I said we can get out through the window. "
"Why didn't you follow me? "
"It was chaos. I couldn't find you. Everyone was running in different directions. I was terrified. " I said. I started crying again. Oh my God what is wrong with me.
"As long as your ok. " Dad said. I walked over and hugged him. I let go and walked over to Hanna.
"I'm sorry. " I said as I sat down next to her.
"For what. "
"Not believing you when you said we shouldn't have come to school. That you had a gut feeling something bad was going to haooen. "
"It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault that this happened today. "
"Can we leave. " I asked my dad.
"They're not letting anyone leave yet. " I nodded. I was watching the doors to see who they brought out. You will not believe who I saw.