"Okay Lea talk to me. Your thoughts has been elsewhere since yesterday. Tell me what is on your mind. I know you so don't try lying." Derek asked as the waitress walked away. We had stopped the first place we found which served breakfast and had just ordered some food.

"Well." I hesitated. I knew it was stupid, I just couldn't help myself. "I know Jake got what he deserved yesterday. And I don't have feelings for him don't worry. It's just, my wolf doesn't like to see our mate like that, she wants to protect him, so it was kind of hard to keep fighting her for so long. I know you know how hard it can be to fight your wolf, but the hardest thing I have yet experienced when your talking about fighting your wolf is when it's about your mate." I told him in a quiet voice. I had spend most of the time at the dinner fighting my wolf and it had made me quiet, which Derek had noticed. When I looked up from my plate I saw the pity in his eyes. I hated that, especially from him. "But the look on Jake on face was so worth it." I said trying to lighten the mood and change the subject.

"God yes Emily really did good yesterday. Now I just need to beat him up a little and we're almost even. I have to admit though, I enjoyed seeing how mad he was." Derek said smirking. I have to give him right, it was fun to watch, but none the less, I just rolled my eyes at him as the waitress came with our food.

"So, have you heard that Bill have found his mate and moved to Texas? But his mate want him to quit working in the IW?" Derek asked me as he digged into his eggs and pancakes.

"Hey we're sitting over here." Emily yelled walking over to Leo, Derek and me as we walked away from the lunch line. I did have a large breakfast with Derek this morning but I was still starving "By the way, what's up with your outfit today? You almost look like your old self, with glasses and all?" Em continued as we sat down with Nate and Maggie in the grass.

"Well someone pulled me through hours of torture yesterday. So today I didn't want to do anything." I answered giving her a pointed look. Yesterday Emily had came over 3 hours before to get me ready. She had said I should put on a tight red dress. I had refused and used almost half an hour to get her convinced that even though they were her parents, they were also the Alpha's and I didn't want to go to a dinner with them in something like that. After that she had to find a new dress and then do my hair. I didn't really object, I let her do what she wanted to.

"Can I sit with you guys?" A voice I always would recognize said just above my head. I looked up and saw Jake standing there. I knew everyone was waiting for me to say something, not wanting to get involved in the whole situation with me and Jake. I didn't really think I could just say no, so I nodded and turned my attention back to my food. A smile broke out on his face and he walked and sat own between Derek and I, even thought there wasn't much space.

"So how come you're eating with us today?" Emily asked breaking the silence there had been ever since Jake sat down with us.

"I want to sit with Lea, and when she doesn't want to sit with me, I'll sit with her." He said turning to look at me, giving me a real smile. "So Lea, it was good to see you and the others yesterday. Did you get home safe and sound?

"Yes." I answered and turned to eat again.

"Good, so what did you do this weekend?" Jake asked obviously trying to start a conversation with me." Helped Leo and Lizzie at their new place, together with Em and with Derek. And then a lot of homework." I told him and tried to get back to eating with no luck. When I had said Derek's name his face had changed but he had quickly gotten it back in place.