Patrick Kane

a/n
to whoever requested this I am sorry for the mess I've written but I hope you enjoy it.

Also to everyone reading, if you haven't make sure you check out my profile because I have a few other hockey fanfics posted and some that I'm starting soon :)
(^shameless self promotion lolol)

-
Patrick was 26 when you started dating him, you were only 18. For the first while you avoided telling people your age so that no one scrutinized your relationship. Eventually on a night out with Patrick and couple other wives and teammates everyone found out how old you really were.

"You're not drinking tonight y/n?" one of the wives laughed. "It's a Friday night!"

You sipped your drink. "Oh well I can't," you replied. Patrick's grip on your waist tightened a little, then released, letting you know he was still there.

"Why not?"

"I'm only 18" you replied honestly.

She stared at you for a moment, not believing you until she realized you were serious.

Then she ordered you a drink anyways.

"I told you no one would give a damn if you were younger than me," Patrick whispered to you.

Which made you wonder why no one really cared, most people would notice an 8 year age gap.

A few weeks after that you figured out why no one had cared; because you weren't the first 7 year age gap he had dated. Not that it mattered but the longer you dated him you learned about his reputation and the more it started to bother you. He would say he loved you, but part of you wondered when he would just drop you.

Things between you both moved quickly. Within four months of dating you moved into his place, selling your apartment. The feeling that he would just drop you started to fade away.

But living together caused its own headaches. You fought with each other a lot more, over things like laundry and dishes. You were light years ahead of him maturity wise and it began to show the longer you lived together.

You brought up going back to school to get a degree while lying in bed one night; which Patrick laughed about. "Why do that? I make millions, you won't need a career."

"It'd be a great way for me to pursue something I love, it would keep me busy," you replied not seeing why he was so against it.

"Whatever, do what you want- but it's a waste of money," He rolled his eyes and rolled over in bed turning out his lamp.

"He's right, it's a dumb idea," you thought to yourself as you turned out your lamp also.

After the hawks won the cup for the second time in three years, you saw how immature he really was. He partied constantly and there were far too many times you had to go pick him up so he wouldn't drive himself home.

"Patrick I can't keep doing this!" you finally snapped. "I'm not your mother!"

"I never asked you to be," he mumbled. "Don't yell I have a headache."