Vikitor Loov

This was unpublished by accident so please re-vote!
JUST GOT BACK FROM NEW YORK CITY AND OH MY GOD IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE. LEAVING WAS SO HARD BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN SUCH A FUN TRIP. A PART OF ME WANTS TO APPLY TO A SCHOOL I FOUND THERE FOR ACTING AND FILM LIKE AJSJFKGNDJXNS I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

---

Word Count: 1000+

"Vik, you're going to be great," You assured him over the phone. He needed to be reassured.

He sighed a little, "I feel bad that I had to cancel our dinner reservations, especially so close to our anniversary."

"I'm okay with it. You go ahead, play in your first NHL game and kick ass," You motivated him.

It was almost like you could hear him smile on the other end of the phone. "I'll never know what I did to deserve you."

"Well you did... uhh..." You trailed off thinking. "You actually did nothing to deserve me. I'm way of of your league." You joked.

He went along with the joke and gasped, "Oh no you've figured it out y/n! Please don't leave me!"

You laughed for a moment before being serious again, "I'll see you before the game right? And I'm assuming there are tickets for at least me to be there."

"I'm sad my parents won't make it... but yup, I got a ticket for you." He assured you.

You smiled, "I can't wait to see you in a few hours then. I want to congratulate you in person."

He sounded happy, "Sounds like a plan. I love you.

"I love you too," you told him.

You both hung up the phone, ending the call. You placed your phone on your kitchen table, somewhat in disbelief.

When Vikitor left this morning, he was headed to a Marlies practice. Instead he got told upon arrival that he was going to be playing in the ACC for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The first phone call he made was too you. He was in his car happily tearing up. He wouldn't admit he was crying but you were almost certain he was.

"Shit our dinner tonight, we had that reservation," He exclaimed sadly.

You were shocked he cared that much about some reservations. "Vik! You're going to be playing in the NHL. Screw dinner."

"But I had a special dinner planned out," He explained.

"Nothing can beat your first pro game." You told him.

He ultimately agreed with you. After all, NHL debut's were big things. He was one of multiple Leafs prospects to be called up this season.

He had spent most of the day practicing with the team and learning from the best. He managed to work in the phone call to mostly just talk to you.

You quickly started getting ready since you wanted to be at the arena when the doors opened. The excitement you had for Vikitor probably matched his excitement.

On the phone you could hear him slightly upset because the two of you were going to miss your anniversary dinner, but that was something you could do any other day.

You didn't feel like doing much to your hair so instead you tied it back into a ponytail. Sadly you didn't own a Loov Leafs jersey, so you chose to wear the Marlies jersey.

Close enough.

You left you house with plenty of time to get to the ACC, after all you were hoping to see your boyfriend before the game.

You drive for what felt like ages, the closer you got the more excited you were. It felt unreal that he would actually be in the NHL.

When you found a parking spot after arriving at the rink, you quickly shot Vikitor a text. It was mostly asking if you two were going to meet.

A response popped up on your phone saying he would meet you outside the ACC. He needed fresh air anyways.

You waited by the entrance he said to meet you at, until you noticed him show up. He was dressed in a Maple Leafs tee and pair of black shorts. Clothes you normally don't wear outside in mid February.

"Aren't you cold?" You curiously asked as he arrived.

He gave his head a shake. "I'm too nervous to be scared." He explained as you walked with one another around the perimeter of the arena.

"Don't be babe. You're fantastic," You encouraged him.

He smiled, "I'm surprisingly not nervous about the game."

You tilted your head somewhat confused, "What else is there to be nervous about?"

He softly sighed. "I just had some really cool stuff planned for us both tonight."

"We can always do something to celebrate our anniversary another night," You let him know.

He smiled, "I was going to take you to that small Italian place we went on our first date. Then we were going to go for a walk through Queen's park."

"That sounds nice. We can go later this week." You kissed his cheek.

"I also had other small stuff planned. Since I had that game on our actual dating anniversary." He explained.

"Like what?" You asked asked and laced your fingers with his.

"Well... I don't think I want to tell you tonight what those things were," He teased a little.

He stopped you both in your own little space, on a wider sidewalk. The sun was starting to set more in the distance.

"Y/N. You make me so incredibly happy. Happier than I've ever been in my life. Every day I spend with you is happier than the last. Living my life like this is perfect, I want to keep my life with you perfect," He smiled at you. He got down infront of you on one knee. "I've loved you for a long time and I'll always love you. Will you marry me?"

Tears sprung from your eyes, "This is why you were nervous?"

He nodded, a hand running through his hair.

"I should say yes so you stop stressing," You laughed. "Of course I'm going to marry you Vik!"

He had already gotten up on his feet and pulled you into a hug. Kissing you passionately.

"I love you," You mumbled against his lips.

"I love you too."