Andrew Shaw [Part 2]

I highly recommend you read part 1 before this as they obviously relate to one another.
{not edited, apologies for any grammar/spelling mistakes}

The soft, summer breeze brushed through your hair as the ground beneath you felt no existent, almost as if you were floating through time and space.

Your thoughts drifted to that of your wedding, it was only two weeks ago that you stood in a tent on a beach. Your heels a poor choice for the sandy, uneven ground.

Your hair was done up, pulled out of your face and off your neck. Andrew loved your hair up, almost more than you did.

Thoughts of your dress, and looking at yourself in a mirror as you waited to marry the love of your life. Your dress was the most gorgeous thing from that day. The beaded gown, the train that followed the dress, the pristine white colouring.

White was the traditional choice of most brides. It seems so incredibly wrong that two weeks after the day you should have been married, you now dressed in black.

Black, the traditional choice to wear at funerals.

You stared at the coffin, it was a dark brown. The priest invited those around for the funeral to leave the flowers they were holding. You held yours with a such a grip that you didn't notice the thorn dig into your finger, or the blood that stained the stem.

It was Jonathan Toews who brought you back to reality. His hand placed between your shoulder blades as he looked down at you. He gave you a small smile as you found the energy to step forward. The rose fell from your hand, the stem dripping with blood as the thorn cut your finger quite a bit.

You stepped back as people began to leave, Jonathan noticed your hand. "You're bleeding," He remarked.

You looked at your hand and noticed the blood seep from where the thorn cut you. "I didn't even feel it," You spoke to no one in particular.

Your chest felt heavy and breathing became harder all at once. It wasn't until you realized Jonathan had pulled you into a hug that you were crying. Choking back sobs as you struggled to breath as you cried.

"He's really gone- He is really gone-" You cried to the captain of the Hawks.

You could feel Jonathan breathing as he held you, letting you cry without saying anything.

Most of the cars had cleared out, and Andrews siblings and parents had already gone to the reception. You couldn't bring yourself to leave him.

"Y/N, it's time to go to the reception," Jonathan spoke softly. "Everyone else is there."

You kneeled on the grass in front of where he had just been buried. "How am I supposed to go on living. I'll never hear his voice again, or feel his presence, or hear him sneak in the apartment late at night after a road trip. I don't know how to live my life without him."

There were no more tears to be cried by you, you felt dehydrated from all the crying.

When Jonathan went to speak this time around, you heard the sadness in his voice. "He had an impact on all of us, he was an incredible person."

You looked up to see Jonathan with tears in his eyes, not once have you ever witnessed him break his composure before. His smile was weak as he helped you off the ground. The two of you drove off to the reception where you were met with hundreds of condolences.

Those weren't what you needed though, what you needed most was your fiancé back. His death hurt your heart, it physically felt like your heart had broke. You managed a smile, and replied with a thank you to every condolence you received.

He would forever remain in your heart, and in the hearts of his teammates and fans. Jonathan was right, he had an impact on everyone and it was an immeasurable impact.

--

it's been months since I updated this book, so apologies. I thought as a thank you for 200k reads I'd update. I finally wrote the part 2 for this, sorry that this thank you imagine wasn't really happy.

ha. I have a thing for killing off hockey players don't I? darn I'm a mean person.