Tom Wilson

Word Count: 1800+

There was a woman staring you down. She moved a hand through her hair at the same time you did, mimicing your actions. It was a simple thing you had to go through with, but it just seemed so hard and nerve racking. You pinched your cheeks and this person did the same.

Okay so maybe you're looking in a mirror, and maybe you're just killing time before your boyfriend Tom picks you up. It was only a few days after the playoffs ended for his team, so you weren't exactly used to having this much time to spend with him. After all you only started dating about a month ago so you knew eachother a little bit.

Now he wanted to take a huge step and have you meet his a couple of his teammate; some of his best friends. Something you thought was completly terrifying, his friends have some say in what they think of you.

"What if they don't like me?" You asked the mirror image of yourself. "What if they think I'm not good enough to date their friend?"

The reflection of yourself just stared back at you. Obviously if you didn't have an answer, neither would she.

Your phone went off with a text from Tom wanting to know if 3pm worked for you

You typed a quick response of "yes" and quickly fixed your makeup. It was almost 1pm now, so if you were to leave at 1:30 you could get to the beach with half an hour to spare.

You applyed a thin coat of waterproof mascara, but left the rest of your face alone since there was a good chance you'd go swimming. Your next favourite job was picking out a bikini, except this time it had to be one that made you look nice but not slutty.

After a debate between your hot pink, with a lighter pink tie dye lok too it; or your lighter blue and turquoise, you decided for the blue because it just looked better on you.

You grabbed a white, baggy, crochet cover up to wear if it got a little windy, or if you were going to walk around. It was see through obviously because of the patterning on it, but that was the point. You could see the colour of the bikini, but not just you in the bikini. It was a very subtle way to show off your body, without actually doing that.

Catching a glance of yourself in the full body mirror, you couldn't help yourself but to spin. You laughed at your childish nature, especially since picking out your bikini was practically like playing dress up.

You grabbed you beach bag, which consisted of a towel, your wallet and sunscreen. Tom also told you to bring a cooler with some pop and a few beers, he would supply the food. One of his friends would bring a beach umbrella, and the other was going to get a pizza at some point. Thinking og it last minute you grabbed some red solo cups. Better to drink out of those than the bottles, it would attract less attention.

Apparently they had it all planned out, but to be on the safe said you brought your own money to buy food if someone forgot. Besides, what would the harm be in eating ice cream or something and paying for it. It's not like you were the type of girlfriend who makes her boyfriend pay for everything.

You kept texting stupid things to Tom, and he sent witty replies that tended to consist of a pun.

By 1:45 you were in your car and headed to the beach just south of DC. It was around an hour south, but you didn't mind the drive, especially if it was for a fun-filled afternoon.

You still had the nagging feeling that his friends wouldn't like you, and that they'd tell Tom which could result in him breaking up with you. He wouldn't do that though right? Breaking up with someone because your friends disapprove is stupid? Possibly stupid? No, no... It's like 100% stupid, you hoped.