Andre Burakovsky

Lets pretend this is the summer before his first NHL season cause I imagine this cutie as someone who didn't know a lot of English and it's great. 

Idea cred to smknypink 

--

Word Count: 600+

Ever since you were in your freshman year of high school, your best friend had proposed an idea that the both of you pledged to do. Backpack through Europe. It was something you both saved money for and even did research to plan your route.

You both were in the beginning of your summer experience. The two of you had ventured in a boat across the waters into Malmo, Sweden. The third largest city and one of the ones you were most excited to see since your grandmother was born here.

After situating yourselves and seeing some of the sites around the cities downtown, you chose to take a break with your friend. The only problem being, you had no idea where to go for good food. Mostly clothing shops were surrounding you.

Your friend stopped a near by man who didn't appear busy since he was walking at a slow pace. He looked at her after saying something neither understood.

Your best friend turned to you expecting an answer from you. "What do you want?" You asked her quietly.

"Your grandmother is Swedish," she stated simply and held a finger up for the man to wait.

You gave her a look of annoyance. "That doesn't mean I know any Swedish!" 

A chuckle was heard from the man. "I understand little English."

"Oh fantastic," you happily sighed. "My friend and I, we want somewhere to eat but there are only clothing shops around here. Do you know somewhere we could go?" You asked him.

He nodded along as you spoke, seeming to understand everything. "Yes. I'm going somewhere now, you follow yes?"

Your friend shrugged when you looked at her for confirmation. You smiled at the handsome man, something you hadn't picked up on yet. "I guess yes."

This adventure was already turning out great.

"Names?" the friendly man asked.

"I'm y/n, and this is y/f/n." You told him.

He smiled and turned a corner. "Nice names. I'm Andre."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Andre," Your friend said.

"Where you girls from?" He stopped and waited to cross the street.

You watched as the signal turned and the three of you began walking. "North America."

Andre laughed at your broad answer. "I go to Washington in the summer, to try and play hockey."

"Hockey in the summer isn't the best. Ice usually doesn't freeze in Washington heat," you slightly laughed. "What hockey do you plan on playing?"

"NHL, for Capitals." He smiled proudly.

"No way! You're going to be in Washington D.C?" you smiled.

Your friend jumped in the conversation, "We go to school in D.C!"

"Maybe I see you girls there? In this D.C, though I thought it was just Washington," He asked as you approached the store and he stopped holding it open for you both. He had a little laugh at his comment since he apparently didn't know enough about the place yet. 

You nodded, "Of course. I can show you to one of my favourite places to eat there," you smiled and stood in line with him. Your friend motioned from behind him, mouthing to you the word 'wheels'.

"Maybe I get your phone?" he asked sheepishly.

"My number?" you clarified not wanting to give your phone away.

"Yes yes, that is what I mean," he slightly blushed, but it was hard to tell in the lighting.

You put his number in your phone and texted yourself. That way you each had one another's numbers.

He slipped his phone away as you approached the front of the line. "Maybe you help my English before I play in summer?" he asked hopeful. "Talking to you is fun."

You smiled happily. That would be loads of fun. "I'd like that a lot Andre."