Lazarus

Lazarus was sick and he lived with his sisters,  Mary and Martha.  Mary was the one who poured perfume on the Lord's feet and wiped them with her hair.  A message was sent from them to Jesus the one you love is sick. 

Jesus told them Lazarus's sickness will not end in death.  I,  the son of God,  will receive glory from this.  Jesus loved them all,  but he stayed where he was for two days  and did not go to them.  He said to his disciples,  let's go to Judea again,  after the two days.  

They said,  Teacher only a few days ago the Jewish leaders in Judea were trying to kill you,  his disciples objected.  

There are twelve hours of daylight every day,  Jesus said.  As long as it is light,  people can walk in safety.  Because of the light of this world they can see.  There is danger of stumbling if there is no light only at night.  I will go and wake him up because Lazarus has fallen asleep.  That means he is getting better,  if he is sleeping,  said the disciples.  Jesus meant that he had died,  his disciples thought Jesus meant Lazarus was having a good night's rest.  

Lazarus is dead,  he told them.  I am glad I was not there,  because this gives you an opportunity to believe in me.  Let's go see him.

The twin Thomas said to the disciples,  "  Let's go,  too and die with Jesus.  

Jesus was told that Lazarus had already been in his grave for four days,  when he arrived at Bethany.  A few miles from Jerusalem,  the people came to pay respect and console Martha and Mary.  Martha went to meet Jesus when she found out he was coming.  Mary stayed at home.  My brother would not have died,  if you had been here,  Martha said to Jesus.  But I know that God will give you what ever you ask.

"  If you like this chapter,  please consider giving it a vote.

The Last BookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara