Lift Up My Soul

Lift up my soul,  I trust in you,  I will not be disgraced or rejoice in my enemies defeat.  Whoever trusts in you will not be disgraced.  But they will be if they try to deceive others.

The path I need to walk show me.  Point me to the right road.  Teach me and lead me by truth.  Save me as I put my hope in you.

Show me your compassion and love from long past.  The sins of my youth forgive me.  Look through your eyes for you are merciful,  oh Lord.  What is good and right is the Lord.  To those who go astray he will show you the right path.  To the humble he shows what is right.  To those who keep his covenant and obey he shows love and faithfulness.

Forgive me my many sins for the honor of your name.  Let me live in prosperity,  and the children inherit the Promised Land.  For those who fear him will have friendship with the Lord.  He will share his secrets of the covenant.  Always look to the Lord for help.  He will rescue me from the traps of my enemies.

Have mercy on me as I turn to you.  I am alone and in distress.  From bad to worse are my problems.  Save me from all of them.  See my trouble and my pain.  Forgive me all my sins.  I have many enemies,  and how they hate me.  From them rescue me.  I trust in you don't let me be disgraced.  Protect me with honesty and integrity.  I put my hope in you.  Take the troubles from Israel.

  Take the troubles from Israel