Tower Of Babel

Shem,  Ham,  Japheth were the sons of Noah that went into the ark.  There was one speech and one language.  From their journey they found a plain in the land of Shinar. They made brick and they burned them.  They had brick for stone,  and slime for mortar.

They built a city and a tower.  The Lord came down and looked at the city and the tower.  They all have one language and nothing will be restrained from them,  then he made them not to understand each other.  

The name Is Babel.  The Lord scattered them upon the face of the earth.  We do not know why they wanted to build this tower,  but it displeased The Lord.  Maybe they did not believe his promise.  They thought they would escape from another flood.  To keep close to this place of refuge.  They did not spread over the earth and do their work with trust in God.

It was man's pride and unbelief which broke the human family.  It was to show that all the different nations were different branches of the same family,  but the wicked made foreigners of the brothers.

At this point,  the world was becoming wicked and confusion.  But God came to the rescue.  He spoke to Abram and told him to leave his home and seek a new country.  There God would bless him and his family and bless all the world through them.  In the trust of one man who believed God we have the blessings which reach our world.  Through this promise it widened and grew until it reached its full glory in the person of Christ is the message of the Bible.  At first it was a promise of material blessings to the chosen family.  In the end it was found to be a spiritual blessing for the whole world.

  In the end it was found to be a spiritual blessing for the whole world