Separate

They traveled north into Negev when they left Egypt.  They went on to Bethel where they had camped before.  But then they had a fight and they chose the section of land they wanted.  Lot chose the plains of the Jordan Valley.  Abram stayed in Canaan.  The tents of Lot was moved close to Sodom.  The wicked sinned against the Lord.  

Around this time a war broke out and Bela mobilized armies in Siddim Valley {valley of the Dead Sea}.  Some escaped and others did not.  When evening came Abram fell in a deep sleep and had a vision of darkness and horror.  

Sarai,  did not have any children.  So a servant was taken and gave her to Abram to bear his children.  The servant became his wife.  She got with child and Hagar knew she was with child. Then there was contempt.  The Lord told her she would have a son.  He will be wild and will be against everyone and they will all be against him.  

Now at ninety years Abram was named Abraham.  He will be the father of all nations.  All you have to do is to obey all terms of the covenant.  Every male must be circumcised.  Then Sarai is named Sarah.  She will have a son and she will be the mother of all nations.  But he was wondering how he could be a father at his age and hers.