The King's Feast

In the days of Ahasuerus,  there was a feast for all the people in the court of the garden of the King's palace.  The queen also made a feast for the women in the royal house.  The King's heart was merry,  and he commanded that Mehuman  bring Vashti the queen to him.  He wanted to show her beauty.

But the queen refused to come and the King was angry and it burned inside of him.  Many virgins were brought to him and it pleased him!  

Now in Shushan the palace was a Jew,  Mordecai,  that  had been carried away from Jerusalem.  He brought Easter for she had neither father nor mother.  Plus she was beautiful.  As it passed,  the King's commandments and decree was heard.  Many maidens were gathered together in the palace.  The woman Hegai,  keeper of the women and the maiden pleased him,  and she found kindness from him.  He preferred her and her maids into the house of the women.

Now Esther was not kind to the people because Mordecai had changed her.  He walked everyday before the court of the women's house,  to know how Esther was doing.  He did not know what would happen to her.  So she was taken into the royal house.  Esther was above all women,  she had grace and favour in his sight more than any other.  The crown was set upon her head and made her Queen.

After that King Ahasuerus promoted Haman,  and gave him an advance.  His seat was above all the princes that were with him.  There were people scattered and dispersed among the people.

Letters were sent by the King's commandment,  the decree was given in Shushan the palace.  The city was perplexed.

  The city was perplexed