Jacob Was Blessed

Isaac blessed Jacob and told him not to marry any Canaanite woman.  But go to your grandfather and marry one of your uncle's daughters.  God will bless you and give you children.  You will be a great nation.  He will give you many blessings.  

Now Esau knew his father had blessed Jacob and sent him away to find a wife.  Also that he had been warned not to marry any Canaanite women.  He also knew his bother had obeyed his parents.  So he went to his Uncle and married one of his daughters.  To make his father angry.  Plus he was already married.  

Mean while Jacob at sun down arrived at a place to set up camp.  He stopped for the night.  He rested his head on a stone and fell down to sleep.  As he had a dream of a stairway that reached from earth to heaven.  There stood the Lord.  As he was told the ground that you are lying on is yours.  There will be many of you.  I will be with you and I will protect you.  You will be bought back to this land someday.  You will have everything I promised you!

As Jacob woke up he knew the Lord was there.  He thought it was a beautiful place. The house of God.  Heaven's Gateway.  Next morning he got up early and took the stone and made a memorial pillar.  As h poured oil over it.  The house of God was what he named it.  {Bethel}.  He then made a vow that if God would be with him and protect him and give him food and clothing.  He would make The Lord his God.  He also wanted God to send him back to his father in safety.  Then he said he would make this a place for worship.  Also to give God a tenth of everything me gives me.