Dreams

Pharaoh was angry with the officials,  Joseph was in the palace  and he put the officials in prison,  for quite some time they were in prison and Joseph took care of them.  The cup bearer and the baker one night had a dream and each dream had its own meaning.  Joseph noticed and asked them why do you look so worried?

They told him they both had a dream,  but had no one to tell them what they meant.  Joseph told them tell me what you saw.  Because interpreting dreams is God's business.  The cup bearer said his dream was where he saw a vine in front of him.  That began to bud and blossom and it had three branches.  Then there were clusters of grapes.  So he took the grapes and squeezed the juice into it and he was holding Pharaoh's wine cup in his hand.  Then he placed it in Pharaoh's hand.  

Joseph said he knew what the dream was about.  Three days mean three branches.  Pharaoh after three days will take you out of prison,  and you will return as his chief cup bearer.  Then when you are back in his favor please have pity on me.  Ask him to let me out of here and mention me to Pharaoh.  Because I was kidnapped from the land of the Hebrews my home land.  Now I am in jail and I did nothing to deserve it.

The first dream had such good meaning that the chief baker also told his dream to Joseph.  There were three baskets of pastries on my head he said.  All kinds of bakery for Pharaoh,  in the top basket, but the birds ate them.

Joseph told him, I will tell you what it means.  Three baskets mean three days,  Pharaoh will cut off your head and impale your body on a pole.  Birds will come and peak away your flesh.  After three days Pharaoh's birthday will come.  For all his officials and household he will give a banquet.  From the prison he sent for the chief cup bearer and chief baker.  The chief cup bearer was restored to his former position,  the chief baker was impaled on a pole.  How ever the chief cup bearer forgot about Joseph,  not giving him another thought.

  How ever the chief cup bearer forgot about Joseph,  not giving him another thought