The King's Heart

The king's heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord,  he turns it wherever he pleases.  The Lord examines the heart,  and people may think they are doing what is right.  The Lord is more pleased when we give him sacrifices,  then what is just and right.  A proud heart,  haughty eyes,  and evil actions are all sin.  Hasty shortcuts lead to poverty,  while good planning and hard work lead to prosperity.  A vanishing mist and a deadly trap is wealth caused by lying.  

The wicked refuse to do what is just,  and their violence boomerangs and destroys them.  The innocent travels a straight road and the guilty walk a crooked path.  To live alone in the corner of an attic is better than with a contentious wife in a lovely home.  Neighbors get no mercy from them,  and evil people love to harm others.  A wise person learns from instruction and  simpleton can learn only by seeing mockers punished.  The Righteous One will bring the wicked to disaster,  and he knows what is going on in the homes of the wicked.

The poor will be ignored in their own time of need for those who shut their ears to the cries of them.  A secret bribe pacifies fury,  while a secret gift calms anger.  Justice is a joy to the godly,  but causes dismay among evildoers.  The person who strays from common sense will end up in the company of the dead.  Wine and luxury are not the way to riches,  but those who love pleasure become poor.

The wicked are punished to save the godly,  and the treacherous for the upright.  It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby,  complaining wife.  Fools spend whatever they get,  and the wise have wealth and luxury.  It is the wise that conquers the city of the strong and level the fortress in which they trust.  You will stay out of trouble,  if you keep your mouth shut. They act like boundless arrogance and the mockers are proud and haughty.  Their hands refuse to work and the lazy  people will be their ruin.  While the godly love to give,  the greedy wants more.  God loathes the sacrifice of an evil person,  when it is brought with ulterior motives.

A false witness will be cut off,  but one who pays attention will be allowed to speak.  The upright proceed with care and the wicked one put up a bold front.  Humans plans no matter how wise or well advised cannot stand against the Lord.  The victory belongs to the Lord,  and the horses are ready for battle.

  The victory belongs to the Lord,  and the horses are ready for battle