Graduation(One)

Edited 8/5/18

I tapped my leg nervously. This is the day I've been studying for. All my hard work paid off. The moment I hear my name called. When I'm handed that diploma. When I graduate college.

Annabeth and I have been studying in New Rome for four years and we graduate today. Frank graduates this year too, and Hazel's a sophomore in college. Jason and Piper are going to a university in LA and Leo and Calypso are in Texas with their "garage".

I've been studying Marine Biology, and it's the only subject in the history of subjects that makes sense to me. I feel like I could actually do something with this; get a job, make some money. Annabeth is going into architecture and she graduated top of the class.

I look behind me and I can see my mom and step-dad sitting back there with Estelle. She's grown up so fast! Already five years old. She catches my eye and waves at me with a big grin on her face. I wave back.

My attention is brought back to the stage as they call Annabeth's name. "Chase, Annabeth." I'm grinning so wide it hurts. She crosses the stage with much more confidence than I could ever muster and takes her diploma. She smiles at the audience, at me, and then makes her way back to her seat.

I wait for what seems like forever. Finally, "Jackson, Perseus." Applause. I make my way to the stage. I can't believe this is happening. I actually made it to 22 and I'm here right now getting my diploma. I shake the dean's hand with my right and grab the diploma with my left.

My heart fills with pride for myself for once. I did this. I worked hard for this and I've earned it. This means something special. And I did it for myself.

I walked back off the stage trying hard not to blink for fear the tears will start to fall. Two of them escape before I can wipe them away. I smile wider than before and sit in my seat. I can finally breathe. A huge feeling of relief has taken over me and I can't seem to stop smiling.

Frank is one of the last ones called and then we throw our caps into the sky and cheer and laugh and cry. I find Annabeth and kiss her like there's no tomorrow.

It's May and we'll be heading for Camp Half-Blood next week where we will spend the summer. I've been planning something for awhile now and I've already talked to some people about it and just the thought of it makes me giddy.

I squeeze Annabeth's hand tighter and we find our parents. Mr. Chase is wiping his eyes with a Kleenex and then gives Annabeth a big hug. Estelle squeals and runs to me.

I catch her and twirl her around in the air. I set her down and mom wraps me in a hug. She's crying too. Piper and Jason are also here. Hazel and Frank find us too. We all exchange hugs and make plans for camp. Leo and Calypso were planning on coming up for a month or two.

We went out to eat after that, just Annabeth and I, and then back to our apartment(we've been living together for the past two years).

We began packing up our stuff, all the while singing along to the radio and dancing. We made blue cookies and they were all gone within the hour.

And everything was good.

Hi! This is a fun new story I decided to write. I've always loved those 'after the war' stories, but none of them were quite how I pictured it. So I decided to share my version with all of you lovely readers. I hope you enjoy and I do welcome comments. I love to hear what you think!

Love you demigods:)