50. Artistic Sangeet

Khushi Pov

"Maa I am full. You're serving as if I was straved for months" I said worriedly making a crying face.

"A mother knows how much food her child needs. So like a good girl you're going to finish this" If my plate was not full already maa served even more.

"My stomach will burst out if I eat more" I closed my mouth and shaked my head as no.

"Maa she already lost her appetite by missing jiju. Keep it on fridge she'll eat after romancing with jiju" Meera jumped grabbing the opportunity to tease me.

I raised my hand playfully to hit Meera.

"Atleast eat little Khushi" Maa chided taking a morsel.

When I nodded as no she forcefully fed me "It's been years I fed you" She smiled through her moist tears that I couldn't refuse her. So true, after I started to stay aloof I never let anyone to come close to me. Heights of stupidness!

"Who's stopping you now?" I winked at her opening my mouth. She chuckled wiping her tears and took forward a morsel.

"All this drama was to get fed by maa" Meera twisted her lips.

"This much of jealousy was not good baby..."  I pretend to be serious showing my tongue.

"Maa we're going to shopping. Now di is here we want to shop till her purse turns empty" Payal jumped put forth the idea. My eyes rounded in shock.

"Here take this. Empty this too" A purse landed on dining table. We turned back to see papa standing there with full blown smile.

Maa shrieked next instant "Do you even realise what you're saying shashiji?"

Why do I feel there's something fishy in maa behaviour? My thoughts got broken by papa's next set of words.

"Today I am so happy, I got my bitiya back. Isn't it calls for celebration?"

"Yayyy..." Meera and Payal shouted from their place while maa looks worried.

"Papa I have enough money. Keep it with you" I kept the purse back on his shirt pocket.

"Won't I was allowed to spend for my daughters?" Papa took the purse from his pocket. Before I could open my mouth to deny maa jumped in confirming my doubts.

"Khushi is right. Don't waste the money"

Meera and Payal pouted while I nodded at papa in apprehension. He looked at me and then averted his eyes to maa who nods in plead.

"I'll back soon" I excused from there to call Arnav. It's been 18 hours, 35 minutes, 2 seconds I last spoke to Arnav.

Dialling his number I sat on bed waiting for him to attend.

"With whom you're flirting?" I asked as soon as the call was attended.

"What the. Khushi, why would I flirt with anyone when I have You" I gulped at the turn of events. Here I thought, I can get hold on him teasing him for sometime.

"Don't flirt with me ok?" I warned him with smile on my face. He can't see, I took full advantage of it.

"Why baby, do you want me to do rehearsal?"

I swallowed hard on my parched throat. My heart picked up it's pace by his mere husky voice.

"Baby are you there?" I kept fidgeting with my fingers while he broke the silence.

"Hmm.."

"Missing you" He whispered sending chill down my spine.

"Whose fault is this?" I pouted. I want to be with him at the same time I want to spend my time with my family.