21. Change in his place

Khushi Pov

Can't he wish me back? I sighed with twisted lips seeing him entering the washroom.

Doing few touch-ups, I descended to the living room.

"Khushi...Are you fine now? Come.." maa reached me first dragging me to the pooja room.

"Fine ma.. where are others?" I asked noticing everyone's absence.

"They're in pooja room" we reached there by now.

"Arey Khushi...You woke up. Where is arnav? I will scold him how can he let you alone knowing your health condition" I can only smile seeing ratna maa's concern.

"I fine maa..See yourself how fine I am" Assuring her I twirled showing how good I was.

"Aww..How sweet bhabi! See mom, my bhabi didn't want arnie to get scold" Annika winked, I bit my tongue realizing how stupidly I slipped the words. Arrghh...

"Khushi... Finally, my khushi is back" I heard this muttering from my maa. How easily I let out my facade which I wore from past three years? What is happening to me? What changed in one night? Today morning also I felt fresh after so many years. Why am I feeling light? 

"Don't tease her in morning itself" Ratna maa slightly moved her aside, pulling me in front handing the pooja thaali.

"It's your turn" She eyed showing the god. Long back I stopped praying!

"Khushi..." Maa nudged my shoulder eyeing the idol.

Inhaling and exhaling, I stepped forward but stopped abruptly hearing ratna maa voice.

"Khushi, it's not good for a new bride to left the forehead empty. Put Vermillion beta" Ratna maa forwarded the Vermillion. My fingers tighten its hold on the pooja plate. It was hard for me.

I feel all pair of eyes on me, gulping saliva I forwarded my fingers only to stood shocked hearing maa's next statement "Damaadji came...Damaadji apply vermillion on your wife forehead"

Closing as a fist I brought my hand back to the plate. I cannot deny before everyone. I tried to act nonchalant when arnav stood in front me poring into my eyes. 

His chocolate orbs possess some power. I would like to drown into them. He kept staring me, without breaking the eye lock he dipped his finger on vermillion, raising it towards my forehead.

Involuntarily my eyes closed, when his tip of the finger pressed hard on my forehead which smeared on the red powder.

'Tch...' Hastily I opened my eyes when I heard that sound which was none other than a camera.

"It's good arnav also arrived. Arnav take aarathi with her" Ratna maa made arnav to hold the plate in my hands.

Turning around, facing the idol we both circled the pooja plate. My shoulder brushing his chest, his half body covering half of my back.

"Finished" He murmured in my ears only for me to hear.

"Haann..." I snapped out from my dream land hearing him.

"Give everyone prasad" He eyed the prasad moving aside.

Nodding I distributed the prasad and the last in the order was arnav. When I forwarded it to him, out of nowhere meera held my hands which carries prasad and raising it to his mouth.

Like me, he too stood perplexed for a minute and recomposing himself he opened his mouth and at the same time, meera took her hold back leaving me to feed him.