30. Behind the facade

*Not proof readed*

Khushi POV

"Arnav stop... Arnav" I yelled chasing him.

He did stop and in glee I speed up my pace. Stretching my arms to get hold of him, I only kicked the air as he ran past and damn I missed him in an arm distance.

"Catch me if you can"

He challenged before disappearing from my sight.

Frowning I ran towards the direction he went. Ignoring my panting form I raised my hand to hit him when I held him captivated in a room by cleverly locking the door.

"Khushi no..." He shrieked when I took slow steps with a winning smile.

Smiling inwardly at his form, I crooked a smirk outwardly "Someone challenged me to catch him, where is he?"

"He's standing opposite to you" He smirked.

Hopping from my place I caught his arm in a tight grip.

"Seriously will you beat your husband?" Asked he with his inexistent innocence.

"Haan, I'll do more than that if you keep pulling my leg" I answered without thinking.

"What more will you do?" Suddenly I heard him so near me. In a blink he closed the distance between us almost hovering over my frame.

I found myself reacting to his nearness. The way my nerves reacted to his closeness thrilled me to the core. He has brown orbs, shh... It was chocolate brown. Budding hairs on my cheeks stood straight in anticipation when my eyes captured his one day old stubble. His sharp nose was just a mere millimetre apart from mine. His lips was... Wait his lips are moving...

Shaking my head to clear the sinful thoughts that distracted me for a  while, I breathed out. Listening to him carefully, I realised he's repeating his question.

"I'll hit you with belan" I replied instantly and showed my big eyes dramatically.

"No.."

Not a second passed, I heard his horrified shriek and what mortified me was his expression. God, it looks like he visualised the scene.

"That's horrible Khushi, seriously" He asked still rotting in his  bewilderment.

"Wait let me show the sample then" Giggling I raised my hand to hit him.

"Waitttt..." He squealed refraining me from hitting him.

Wriggling my form I tried to release myself from him "No, let me show you. Only after seeing the sample, you'll be able to decide about the main course"

His plam held my wrists above my head.

"Leave me arnav..."

Twisting my hands, I wriggled more as a reflex his hold tightened.

"Arnav leave me na..."

Attempting to get release, I raised my toes a little more but it backfired letting me land straightly on his chest losing the balance. His hand lowered down balancing me.

I waited for him to leave my hand and pave way to extract our closeness. Instead he bend down a little and asked in whisper.

"Where was this khushi these days? Where did you hide her?"

I snapped my head at his question. What did he mean by that?

"What?"

"This khushi, where did you hide her these days?" His eyes bore my soul like his question did.