43. Dark clouds on paradise

Khushi Pov

"Arnav, how was the breakfast?" I asked reluctantly serving him.

"You prepared it?" He raised his eyes with a smile. I nodded vigorously.

Next moment I was pulled. Gaped in horror I straightly landed on his lap. It's a necessary option for me to held onto his neck to balance myself.

Not minding my gaping form he feed me a morsel. Chewing, I found it was not bad and it was not that good too.

"Got your answer?" He raised his brows.

"I want to know your opinion. Not mine"

His face suddenly changed "Why is it so important Khushi? Why did you changed drastically?"

Why is he asking like this now? I become nervous all of sudden. My fingers behind his nape fiddled with his shirt collar "Don't ask me as if you don't know"

"I want a confirmation. Assume it was my greediness, I want to know where we're heading. I want a assurance that you would not back off from us in near future" He sounded so serious which made me swallow in uneasiness. I don't know why suddenly he wishes to know when he himself gave me time and told me to go with a flow. The desperateness playing in his eyes urged me to do something before he hurt himself.

"Why would I back off after giving you hope" I mumbled enough for him to hear.

"I trust you but don't make me regret on that" He whispered placing his forehead against mine.

"You'll not" I muttered cupping his cheeks.

Nodding he embraced me on a hug. A different one from the hugs we shared. It felt so intimate, so right.

After a moment I broke the hug "Arnav I want to tell you something"

He raised his eyes in question and gestured me to continue.

"I decided to quit my job"

His shocked eyes met mine "Why?"

"I... I did not.. it was not my choice of work. Siddharth love to join in IT sector and I thought.. to fulfill it after his demise" I couldn't said it to him directly seeing his eyes. A wave of uneasiness and unknown anxiety spread through my veins. Whatever I try to forget him, it's impossible sometimes. Whole night I thought about this. Accepting Arnav without pushing away the all sort of my past was a betrayal to Arnav which I couldn't afford and nor I could imagine. After pondering it again and again, I decided this.

"Arnav say something" I persuaded him to speak when he goes all silent. Did I hurt him?

"I wonder how did you manage to stole the key of my heart"

My breath hitched. He tucked my hairs and kept his nose against mine touching it.

"Arnav"

"Not few minutes before I was tensed, but now it turned totally opposite. Khushi... uff... Love you so much wifey dear"

As if like a casual thing and regular habit his lips found mine. Life could not be perfect and yeah, few things are left to correct.

"Arnav I want to go shopping" I said breaking the kiss.

"Why suddenly?"

He asked and I blushed seeing his state. My fingers almost played on his hairs which made him look like a clown.

"Khushi.." I was snapped back when he shook me. His earlier question came back as reminder.

"What suddenly? Won't you take me to shopping without asking the reason? I am seeing you Arnav, whenever I ask something you readily start investigating the matter" I groaned.