25. Burden

Khushi Pov

Flickering my lids I open my eyes when a knock on the door disturbs me.

Tossing on the bed, I stared at the door where arnav standing with his hands floating in the air ready to knock again. He could've entered without my permission as he has all the rights and the door is not locked too. But he chose to knock.

Sigh, how he behaves as a gentleman always..

Stuffing my long tendrils on a band I walk towards him.

"Do give your consents to interior designers, they're here" Saying this he left from there. Freshening a bit I joined them on the living room.

"Here she is" He introduced me to them. Next few minutes we discussed what should be done and asked few suggestions from arnav also. Even though he says it's my home, it was equally his too.

Finalising the design they promised to start the work soon. Following them arnav too stood up "I am going outside. Lock the door, be careful. Open the door only after making sure whom at the door" He advised as if I was a small child.

'I am not a child, I can take care of myself' I swallowed my sentence not wanting to hurt him. He is doing everything to make me comfortable.

Nodding I waited until he entered into the lift, before locking the door like he said.

Remembering maya's earlier call which I ignored for few reasons I thought to rang her.

Facing the waves from balcony I dialled her,

"So madam remembers me" Came a taunting even before I could greet her.

"Nothing like that maya, you know.."

"Yeah...Yeah..I know that's why I came to know about your stupid behaviour from meera" I closed my eyes in realization. Now I have to bear her lecture.

"Don't curse me in mind...I swear khushi, if you ignore this topic then I'll never show my face to you" Maya spoke ignoring my silence.

"What you have decided?" Asked she.

I kept silent, keenly noticing the waves which came after another inspire of losing its life at the shore.

"Am asking you khushi" Her stern voice brought me back.

"What?" I uttered diverting my gaze to the waves.

"You dragged jiju all the way from here to goa, what's the matter?"

"Nothing...I don't like to stay there which keeps reminding me of siddharth when his existence is still a question" I replied gripping the balcony grill.

"For god sake, he is not siddharth. He died. He is your PAST...Do you hear me..He is your PAST. Wake up from your dreamland. Open your eyes, see the world, who else gets a lovable husband and in-laws like you. Don't spoil it with your own hands. Grab the opportunity. God give you a wonderful family, Do you even realise their value?" She shouted hoarsely.

"I realised.."

"What?"

Taking a sharp breath I continued "I realised arnav deserves a princess, not me"

"You can...You will become princess khushi, if you change yourself a little" She said desperately trying to make me understand.

"I...I don't know. I wronged him. I can't..."

"You're exaggerating the matter khushi. You loved or liked siddharth in past and your present is your husband" Didn't I loved siddharth why everyone is questioning that, maya also says like...