2. First Night!

"Bhai and Bhabhi arrived" i think it is anika voice. In no time we are surrounded by his family. Slowly we walked till the door. His mother circled pooja thali before them and she put thilak on each of us. I genuinely smiled at her, as i have no heart to hurt her, she has no fault in this and i feel close to her than my mother in just few interactions. My monologue came to halt by her,

"Kick the rice pot with your right foot betiya and dip your feet in red water and mark your entry in your home" his mother ratna affectionately said to me pointing the pot and red water in a plate.

I nodded and did what she did as that is the only option left for me. I really wished to feel like home in my new sasural like she said, but some things are never going to change, like this home will never be my home. I felt bad for this family, they are too nice people except arnav how dare he? Due to his one foolish decision they are all going to hurt. She is not planning to continue this marriage at any cost. She cannot give his place to arnav and not anyone too. Again my thought was broke by shout. I think i become too much into me from the time my marriage talk starts.

"Yey...Finally i got my bhabhi" anika shouted crazily like me. I was once like her, get pleasure and happiness in simple and small things and act crazily. But now all looks alien to me.

"Chup karo anika. Don't frighten my bahu by your craziness" ratna scolded her daughter for me. Unknowingly my lips stretch into a smile. But that does not last longer,

"Arnie pick her up and take her in" his mother ordered her son making my eyes widen. "What the?? What is this?" I thought.

"What is this mom?" my husband asked. I can't predict this time whether he asked in teasing tone or really he don't know about this, but how is this possible? He is living here then obviously he must know about this. I shrugged the thoughts which are unnecessary for me.

"Are you planning to stand outside whole night or any plan for performing wedding night my boy?" his father arvind teased him earning a slap from his wife.

"What the?? What is happening here? They are so bold. Arghh...Why i am feeling nervous suddenly? Be strong khushi, you are fighter, independent girl you cannot easily get nervous by this talks" i thought and promised myself to be strong.

"Hann..Hann..bhai, lift bhabhi fast or else you will end up spending your first night here in doorstep itself" anika also teased him. I did not expect this from her, for god sake she is his younger sister and he cannot smile at her teasing. I conclude that this family is too bold in their talks. I wonder how arnav will be? True he tried to talk to me some times after our marriage fixed but i did not talk to him, i thought atleast he'll cancel the marriage by my ignorance. But he???

After seemed like eternity my mother-in-law stopped their teasing session. She warned them not to tease.

Suddenly i felt i am in air and a cold sensation run in my back and waist making me gasped realising arnav picked me in his arms. I clutched his collar in fear of being lifted but i like his touch which is wondering me. I always keep distance from men after my heart break and i promised to not give anyone the chance of touching me even if it is a simple hug. I loved being only his but this equation starts changing the moment arnav married me. This is not good sign. I have to keep check on my emotions.

"Bhai you can put bhabhi down now" i heard anika's teasing voice and met an embarrassed arnav's face.

He slowly put me down carefully. Soon we are surrounded by his family, they are more than 10members. I guess i don't know any of them. They said some post marriage rituals to be performed by us. I was irritated, how many rituals are there. This family has more traditions. I am not the person who love and follow traditions after that incident. I left all my fantasy and dreams of happy life due to my past happenings.