29. Two can play the game

Khushi Pov

"Wah.. Did sun rose from West today?" Arnav asked from other side. I gripped the phone tight with my palms to avoid reacting to his question but couldn't help when my stubborn mouth opened in cue.

"There's nothing unusual that you need to bicker now" I tried to keep my retort as straight as possible.

"You yourself messaged me at morning and now called me to ask about my lunch, isn't it a unusual happening?" Asked he with an amusement evident on his voice.

"I got bored so thought to give a call. Don't think too much" I shrugged.

"Really, Here I thought it will took atleast few months for you to initiate a conversation with me"

Seriously is he mocking me?

"I can't understand what's your problem Arnav. When I didn't want to continue this marriage you hoped against hope but when it's happening you're pushing me backwards with these talk of yours"

I ended the call abruptly in annoyance. It took me few seconds of meditation to calm myself.

Gritting my teeth I cut the call when he keeps calling me.

Calling him was a bad idea.

Deciding to keep myself engaged with some other thing, I left outside to stroll across the garden.

When the lift opened, I saw the same girl who's at my opposite flat. She smiled brightly at me unlike morning.

"Hi..." She greeted and I mumbled a small hello feeling uneasy. Something with that girl not good, I don't know what.

"I am Nandhini, You?" Asked she managing a shopper bag.

"Khushi. I must be going, bye" Swiftly I entered into the lift without giving chance to engage in conversation.

Nature, It was a perfect partner next to lonely. Nature does not judge our every actions like humans do.

Feeling the salty air on my lips I strolled towards random direction. Siddharth and Arnav thoughts started rotating for a while. If Siddharth was in arnav place what would he have done? Would he able to accept me like Arnav do?

STOP!!! You should stop comparing Siddharth and Arnav if you're willing to give a chance to your marriage, A distant voice from my head screamed and advised.

Determining I tried to indulge myself in other thoughts. Everything where my eyes laid were new. New people, new language, different habits. I kept walking around the garden and never realised when I crossed the main gate until a honk was heard.

Cursing myself for walking away from the apartment, I turned my heels only to gasp when a cold hand clasped across my fingers grabbing my palm.

"Khushi, where the hell are you? Just because I teased you for few seconds,  doesn't mean you can leave the flat in anger. Do you even realise how worried I was when you didn't attend my calls and left home without informing anyone?" Arnav shouted even before I could acknowledge his presence.

Snapping out from my reverie by his shake, I raised my eyes to him "Don't think high about yourself. I came here for refreshing not by your teasing" I lied through my teeth. Lest, I will let him know how bad I felt when he teased me and my step towards reaching a healthy relationship.

Tugging my palms he said "Oh really... Ok, leave it. Now come I'll drop you home before heading back to office"

"You go, I am not coming" I shrugged his palms.