45. You robbed my heart

Arnav Pov

"I just got to know about your birthday on yesterday night only. If I know it before I would've done so many things" She said leaning on my chest. We're now sitting inside the tent after her confession. I glanced my watch which shows 5 A.m.

"When did you know then?"

She pouted against my fabric "Yesterday while keeping the shopping bags on your wardrobe"

"Khushi. Don't mistake me but I can't enjoy this day without knowing how you feel, I mean what changed in one night" I asked not able to keep my curiosity at bay.

She raised her eyes at me and then lowered her head. Next moment I felt her lips against my chest.

"This heart rubbed it's nature, a little on me too" She declared with a smile and it rubbed on me too.

"How?"

"Do you really want to know now?"

I found myself nodding desperately to her question.

"It was not happened in single night. Eventually from the time of our marriage I was attracted to you. I pushed you not because of my dislike towards you, but to remind myself that I should not feel anything for you, I should not betray him. Each time you show your love and patience, I had hard time in controlling myself. I kept chanting myself that I love Siddharth, I should not betray him, I should not give his place to anyone.." She paused and chuckled a little.

"I find it stupid now. You know more than me Meera noticed my feelings from the very start. Seriously she was younger to me, I should be the one who need to act mature but she.. she is more sensible than me. When she pointed out how much I started to like you, I was taken aback. And at the same time I .. I saw him at our reception. Everything made me so confused. My mind was totally clouded with riddles that I want to run away from all of them. That's why I put forth the idea of shifting to some other city"

"Even after coming here I took forward my stubborn actions and rational thinking. It took an earful of scoldings from Maya to come out of my confused musings. Her harsh words was an eye opener for me. You know, you always amaze me. How could you back off when I took a step forward? I decided to give us a chance thinking you'll take a lead if I give you a hint. But you, what you did. You almost made me to step forward without lending your support putting everything on the head of fate. Uff..."

"Are you now complaining?" I frowned at her words.

She spread her lips wide and pinched my cheeks "Nope.."

"It triggered me to do more for you. And see now where we're" She beamed proudly leaving the main part of her confession.

"Khushi I asked about your change in one night not from start"

"Too sharp hubby..." How can she smile normally leaving me in wonder.

"Khushi... He is..." She stopped me from speaking further.

"I was horrified when I saw him yesterday in our flat. I couldn't explain what I felt at that moment. It suffocated me when I saw you scolding them. To say I was hurt realising you know them before. That's why I didn't even heard your callings and closed the door on your face.

For few minutes I couldn't believe I was going through this phase of life. One side my growing feelings towards you and on the other side he have to appear when I was ready to took our relationship into new dimension. Not urging to come into conclusion which I often do, I recalled our days. Meera words left a impact on me that I started to compare the Siddharth I know and the one I saw yesterday. Moreover I have understood you very well, if he's Siddharth then I am sure you would not keep me tied with you. By hook or crook you would've united me with him. That didn't happen, instead you let him live in the same building. Yet his presence confused me still confusing me"

"What? That means you don't know about him yet you admitted your feelings towards me?" I asked in shock.

"Hmm... I don't know anything. I don't want to dig further. And I don't think I'll be able to accept him even if he was Siddharth. You robbed my heart which always reaching out for you. It wants only you not any other man. He may be my first love or may not be. For me that was past, a closed chapter of my life. I decided to look forward my future. A future features us. I was never clear before than now" She declared with determination as if she sensed my insecurity on her decision.

"Khushi..." I couldn't believe my luck. The luck which made her to change herself for good. She trusts me so much that she's ready to leave Siddharth memories.

"I changed for good, Ain't I? Papa, Meera and Maya would be very happy if they come to know this. You have some magic Arnav. Now Siddharth memories doesn't hurt me. Now I can easily put behind that part of my life. How Arnav?"

She asked me tenderly as I palmed her cheeks. Bending down slightly I placed my lips on her forehead soundly.

"Love you khushi..."

"Hmm..."

"What hmm... Answer properly"

"Nah... Golden words are meant to be said only once" There she goes all naughty.

"Ok then. I'll tell this to a person who was ready to reply me" I shrugged nonchalantly.

1..2..

"Dare you Arnav" There she attacked me with her kisses. Oh goodness, I never know her punishment will be so sweet unlike her bitter character.

"Wait I'll call her, you seems to care less about my wish" I tried to melt her. Why can't she repeat what she feels? Is it hard? But I never feel so. Infact I was eager to say it to her again and again.

I expected her to confess her love one more time, instead of doing so she took my mobile from her handbag and handed it to me.

"Call her now, I want to hear who is willing to reply you" She said in a dangerous glint. Is it for me or for the inexistent her?

"Khushi, I was just kidding..." I found myself telling out my secret not able to see her glare.

"Wah... I never knew you'll be scared by my mere stare" She beamed proudly and I got reminded of Meera who once teased me about the same.

"Khushi.." Whined I.

She pinched my cheeks "Awww birthday boy. Don't sulk hubby dear"

"You're making me sulk. Can't you do it for me atleast for the sake of my birthday?" I asked not understanding my sudden plight to hear her confession. Why I feel insecure?

As if sensing my plight her palms massaged my forehead and her head raised upto the height of my ear.

"Love you Arnie dear. I'll not back off, trust me. This khushi willingly bonded  herself with you"

Her whispers are like honey to me. I wish I can lick it to my heart content. At that moment I want nothing but to cherish the time. And for the same, I want to be honest with her. So I opened my mouth to finish the past once for all.

"Khushi he is.."

"Shut up arnav. This day is your day. Don't push me so much that I start to reconsider my decision"

That's it, my mouth zipped like a zipper in her handbag. Strangely I know she's just kidding. Kidding to shut me. But I love this. For first time I feel I was truly connected to her.

_____

Thank you so much for all your support on my story and me dears.

Now I am perfectly fit and fine by all your love and blessings❤️❤️❤️.

I didn't planned to publish this today but somewhat I felt bad for making you all wait even after my recovery.

I don't know how this Chappy comes out as I wrote this in my writer's block. Hope it clears your confusions. Khushi will soon come to know about Siddharth twin which I revealed on previous chapter.

P:s Started new journey on our Arshi named "BEYOND THE WORLD" a reincarnation story. Give it a try.

As usual don't forget to hit the 🌟 and comment if you like this update.