16. Confrontation

Khushi POV

"Then why the hell you married me dammit???" He yelled gripping my arms as tight as possible.

I shuddered seeing the intensity in his eyes "I..."

"Why the hell, you let me dream a happy future with you when you're keen to break it. Why the hell you married me in the first place dammit? Do you realise you DESTROYED MY LIFE DAMMIT? Do you even realise the intensity of your actions???" His vigorous shake did nothing to calm my anxiety.

I felt so weak feeling his rageful voice. What should I do now? I left his collar, trying to keep distance between us. But his grip got tighter.

"Why are you silent now? You always love to back answer me right, then what happened now? Answer me now. When you love that damn siddharth why the hell you married me?"

"I HAVE NO CHOICE"

I slumped down on the bed not able to bear all his accusations.

"What?"

It's better to answer him than keeping him dark and giving hopes. Lifting my lashes I gazed him only to lower my lashes again seeing the raw anger.

"I was never interested in marriage because of...siddharth. I denied many proposals right away. So my family hide your proposal from me. The day you came to see me was the day I know you and my family already decided to marry me with you. Do you remember I wished to have a talk with you and my father effortlessly blocked the ways to reach you. I was going to convey my disinterest on that day. After your family left on the same day I argued, pleaded and threatened to stop the marriage, nothing worked. So I took one worst decision which leads me here. I left the house and joined in women's hostel. Two days later maa and papa convinced me saying they'll not force me for marriage and I was shifted back to home. Life is strange...Not a day passed papa was hospitalized. He had...heart attack...Second time...Our family was totally devastated. Papa feared what will happen to us if he d.ie...A middle-class family with three daughters is not easy to manage. Payal and Meera were still studying only me and papa were working. We already have dues to pay. He again forced me to marriage. I couldn't accept it....Such an irony, a day before he promised me, he'll not force me into this marriage but did the opposite next day. I cannot blame him though. He was impressed by your family. As a father who wants to see her daughter settle down in a well known, a well-cultured family he is right in his place. I gave my consent to marriage and on another side, I tried to contact you but that went in vain. You didn't attend the calls nor I have time to move aside from my father. Somehow I want to confide the matter to you so I sent a letter, sounds funny in this century. I believe you read the letter, but still you acted as we're normal husband and wife" I give him an accusing stare but he frowned.

"What made you believe that I read the letter? And what you wrote in that?" He raised his eyebrows in question.

What is he mean by that? Does it mean he didn't read the letter? Oh hell, khushi you're screwed.

I tried to cover my nervousness 'What if he's not the way I thought'

"I know. I..." Fiddling with my fingers I tried to reason my stand.

"That's what I am asking, How?" He yelled nearing me.

Moving my eyeballs throughout the room except him trying to calm my mind.

Why were his each and every question digging my soul? Why his anger was affecting me?

"What did you wrote in that letter?" He stressed each word taking a step towards me.

"That I was not interested in this marriage, I can't deny my family so I asked you to stop the marriage from your side" Finally I let it out.

I heard his sigh and continuing in calm voice "If you love him then what is stopping you from marrying him with your parent's permission"

What can I tell him? Siddharth is dead or I saw him sometime before? How can I say the truth when I was not sure of his existence? Few hours before I was firm in my decision. Now I feel my world turned upside down.

"Khushi you're testing my patience"

With quivering lips, I tried to say the truth. But couldn't. I don't have the courage to say siddharth is dead. I can't say it when I was in dilemma regarding siddharth existence.

"He came to the reception, isn't it? You must be on cloud nine seeing your love in front of your eyes. Haaina..I was a thorn between you both right. If I was not there you must be run to him, cried with him, telling him how good to see him after living with the unwanted husband of yours and how bad your husband is and how he is expecting wifey duties from you, torturing you... And yeah maybe planning to keep an affair with him, living lavishly with my money and spending it to your boyfriend too. Is it your plan?" The minute he said I slapped him hard.

How dare he? How disgusting to think low of me? How cheap his thoughts are? Who gave him the right to judge my character? Who the hell is he to question my dignity?

"How disgusting of you to think such low of me when you don't even know me? How the hell you can accuse me of this shit?" I yelled through gritted teeth.

Once again he gripped my arms while forcefully dragging me towards him "Oh, Where did this thought went when you accused me the other day? Even you thought low of me when you didn't know me and termed my love as lust. Doesn't your conscience mock you for this partiality or whatever you do will always be correct whilst I will be termed as guilty in your eyes"

"Leave me arnav. Don't turn the topic, you're unnecessarily picking a fight" I tried to dodge the topic as I cannot accept whatever he accuses me nor I can deny. My conscience will never let me in peace henceforth. I wronged arnav when he's not at fault.

"Ow...So madam feels I am turning the tables. Let's stick to the topic. What is your plan? Do you and your lover plan to elope from reception? That's why he's there even after knowing you're my wife" I felt disgusted myself on hearing his thoughts.

"STOP IT ARNAV....JUST STOP IT....I DOESN'T KNOW HE'S SIDDHARTH OR NOT"

Cupping my mouth I tried to reduce my sobs. Never ever I was insulted like this. Never ever my dignity was questioned. Never ever I felt disgusted myself. Guess KARMA bites back... Whatever I accused arnav was now redirecting towards me...

"What??? Come again" his question reduced my sobs. I gained little hope hearing his soft calm voice. He's back to his self. Like old days... Not so old, only two days if I am correct.

"I... Siddharth is....dead...long back, before three years" I can clearly hearing him sigh and his posture seemed relaxed.

"Then why did you whispered siddharth before you faint?" I noticed his eyes look effective when he scrunched his brows in confusion.

This time it's my turn to sigh, maybe he'll help me in solving this riddle.

"I don't know arnav. He looks like siddharth, but... Siddharth took his last breath in front my eyes" I shivered while remembering the last minutes of siddharth.

"What do you do if he's siddharth and wants you back in his life?" Shivers run down my veins hearing him, I don't know is it because of his cold voice or the question he asked which made me tremble.

Biting my lips to maintain my calm "I don't know"

I realised I was in a pit of mess. Seriously, I couldn't decipher what I want in future, what will I do if siddharth is back? I was not prepared for this new twist in my life.

"What will you do? Will you allow me if I want to go back? Or Will you keep me tied to you?" I turned the tables as I couldn't bear his piercing gaze.

He stood thunderstruck which turned to shock, then worry, and at last fear, fear of losing his...LOVE...

What will be his answer? Will his answer going to affect my lives? NEVER, my mind screamed...While heart gave a cunning smile saying the opposite.

_____

Vote!
Comment!

Thanks to all who supported this story so far. It means a lot❤