48. My man

Khushi Pov

Arnav excuses himself hearing dad's call. After getting ready I came out and saw him on call with fallen face.

What would've happened? Waited for him few minutes, I decided against the same when his call extended.

"Maa what are you doing?" I asked seeing her doing something which I failed to find it's name.

"Panner kabbab. Your dad's and Arnav's favourite. What do you want beta?" She asked fondly taking the ingredients.

"What is your favourite maa?"

She looked at me shocked for a minute and continue to share her likes. In this way I got to know more about Arnav and his likes, dislikes.

In the name of helping her, to say I tortured maa a lot asking about the name of ingredients and giving her wrong ingredients whenever she asked confusing a lot. She would've cursed me for wasting time.

"Beta will you take this to dining table? Everything is almost finished" She requested sweetly even after my blunders.

Nodding I arranged all the dishes neatly while maa took few things with the help of Maria. By now everyone arrived.

"Wow so many dishes. Even by seeing the dishes my stomach got full" Anika chirped taking a seat. Dad and Arnav smiled at her.

"Khushi sit. I will serve everyone"

"Mom/maa no need for that. We can serve ourselves. Sit" I averted my eyes instantly in surprise. What a coincidence Arnav and I said at same time.

"Wah... What a wavelength! What an understanding" Anika said aloud from her place and whistled with teasing smile.

"I really don't what this girl is going to do in her in laws" Maa heaved a sigh in motherly worry.

"I'll not go to their home. Daddy will look for ghar jamai..." Anika proudly announced making dad to choke on his food.

"Here I thought, once you are married we'll be freed from your clutches of craziness" Dad feigned.

Anika pouted and showed her tongue "You'll not get that privilege in this lifetime. Either you will look for ghar jamai or I'll stay as spinster for eternity"

"Either way we're doomed dad" Arnav whispered silently yet everyone heard that.

I chuckled seeing them, their chatter brings back the time of my college days. I did say those exact words to my papa once. He laughed and brushed it off saying you'll go back on your words once you find your soulmate.

At the instant I got the urge to see them all. In my aloofness, I hurted them a lot even more than Arnav. How bad they must have felt? How stupidly I made everyone to worry on me when they have many other issues to mourn on. The food refused to go down the throat by the thought. Tears brimmed on my eyes blurring the vision. How many days maa cried lamenting over my withdrawal? I should pay a visit to them.

A lone tear slipped out of my eyes when a hand pressed my plams warmly which was rested on my thigh. I glanced at my side to see Arnav's questioning eyes.

Nodding as no I forced a smile. Gesturing me to eat he resumed his eating only after ensuring me.

"Bhabhi I never thought you would be a romantic person" I scrunched my brows at annika's new topic. We're sitting in living room after relishing our wonderful breakfast.

"What?" I asked and she pointed the photos on the wall in reply.

I raised my brows with a smile "How are you sure about it's my idea?"