32. Rapid fire

Khushi POV

"What, five years???" I asked scandalized by the mere thought of him loving me from past five years yet he didn't have the honour of his love. How cruel??

He pursued his lips making me restless.

"What are the all things you hid from me Arnav?" I asked with batted breath. All of sudden I feel so vulnerable.

Why didn't he approached me then?

Why didn't he mention it before?

Why didn't he take measures to come close to me?

Hell, I didn't even know his existence at that time.

He swallowed as I can see his lump moving up and down. He bend down and looked at me with same vulnerable eyes like mine.

Why is he vulnerable now?

Did he kept mum knowing my love for Siddharth? But that does not possible, He only came to know about my love during our reception. He seemed shocked when I told him about my love, Siddharth. What must be the reason?...

Not giving more work to my brain he answered in low voice.

"I didn't realised I loved you back then"

Why my vision is blurring?

Why does my heart wish opposite of it?

Before I could probe further for details, a shrill of ring broke our reverie.

Leaving me, he was engrossed in his call.

He didn't realised he loved me back then, does that mean he was attracted to me.

Oh... Now I realise why didn't he stepped back in earlier days of our marriage. I always had the doubt of him being so familiar with me, now I get it. He likes me since then. That's why even after the torture I put him through, he beared everything with a smile.

Now it's time to do something! Something for him!

I waited for him to finish his call, but he gestured it'll take time. With a heavy sigh, I moved outside.

Trying to indulge in dusting the dining table which was not dirty in the first place, I end up thinking him about him. The thought of him in love with for more than five years, itself chills my spine. And where did he saw me?...

At once I felt so small before him. It seems my love for Siddharth was nothing but a trash infront of his love. Argh... Is it love in first place?

Why always I have to take step back after attempting to raise up?

"Mam.." I turned to side to see Maria standing there hesitating to say something.

Knitting my brows I raised my head gesturing her to tell.

"Mam..woh.. Water is overflowing"

Twisting my lips, I lowered my eyes and gasped in shock. In the name of filling a glass for myself, I poured water on the table beside the glass.

Cursing my stupidity, I ordered her to clean the mess and sprinted from there not wanting to embarrass myself than already I was.

Took a halt at living room, I roamed my eyes around the hallway. Not able to control the anxiety, I stood fidgeting with my own fingers and breathed out when the new revelation keeps haunting me. Until I know his side of story, I am not going to be normal.

Arnav asked for coffee, Least I could do him and distract myself from his new revelation.

Smiling at my current thought, I rummaged the self humming the latest song I heard before Arnav graced his presence from office.