15. Truth revealed to Arnav

Khushi's Pov

Everywhere looks dark. Something happened to me. Why was I alone? Siddharth..where is he? Suddenly I was not in a dark place. I was standing near some office. Siddharth.. There he's. I found him at a little distance who stood talking to someone. Siddharth, siddharth I called him. He glanced back and gestured me to wait. I got bored standing in the same place, wandering my eyes I inspected the surroundings until my eyes fell on a speeding truck coming at its full speed towards us. Before I could understand it crashed someone.

"Siddharth..." My eyes filled with tears, i tried hard to breath. I start to run run....

"Khushi..Khushi.." I felt someone is patting my cheeks.

"Open your eyes... Khushi" A distant voice reached my ears. The voice is known to me. Who?? But I have to run. Why my hands are tied? I couldn't lift my legs. I have to run. I have to save my siddharth..

'Leave my hand, I have to save him. Leave me..' My constricted throat didn't make much noise. I couldn't hear my own voice but heard someone else voice. Whose voice??

"Khushi..." Arnav, it was arnav voice. How can arnav be there?

Battling my lids I mustered all my strength to open my eyes.

"Khushi..." Raining. It was raining. My face was wet.

Biting my lips, I opened my lids only to greet with worried arnav. He's worried why? ARNAV..

My eyeball captured the surroundings. How did I come inside a room? It looks like a hotel room. I was on the road, didn't I?

"Thank God, you opened your eyes. Here drink this" Arnav pushed some liquid inside my mouth.

"How was I here?" I asked in a hoarse voice.

Instead of answering me he ordered me "Come down. Just attend few minutes of the party. Then we'll go home" he said gesturing annika to help me.

Annika was also here, that's when reality dawned. I met him... Siddharth..How he's alive? He died in front me. How he's standing before me now? I felt my head will burst out.

"Bhabhi take this tablet. Just hold on few minutes. Bhai will take you back to home" Annika forwarded the tablet in concern.

Collecting my thoughts with difficulty after freshening up, I came to party hall with annika.

"Payal and Meera wanted to stay with you, but bhai don't want to worry them" she answered before I query her about them.

Seeing us arnav strode towards us  "Are you fine now?" He asked taking my hand in his.

I cannot concentrate on anything, siddharth face disturbing me now and then.

I staggered a little when he places his hand on my waist.

Why is it always happen with me? What is this new twist in my life? Can't I deserve peace?

"Few minutes after cutting cake we'll go back home" He whispered taking slow steps towards the centre of the party hall.

My mind was not with me. In dilemma, i go on flow with arnav. I felt my hands trembling with anxiety. My heart beats as if it will be out any moment. I felt him holding my hands and guided me to cut the cake. And the feeding each other part was the last thing I was prepared to do but nonetheless, i was forced to do that.

My questions will be cleared only if I confront siddharth. For that, I want to be away from this crowd. 

I silently slipped out only to caught by arnav.

"Arnav..."

"We need to talk. Come" Saying this he dragged me to his car and in next half an hour we're standing face to face in his room. He never let me speak in our journey.

"What do you want to speak arnav? Look I am not in a mood to argue. Move aside" I was beyond irritated. First siddharth, now arnav.

Only if siddharth matter clears i can concentrate on anything. Be it arnav or family.

Without caring his presence I took my mobile with trembling hands. I badly wanted to have a talk with maya. I want someone beside me. No one better than her will be my companion.

"I am talking to you khushi. Don't test my patience or else you'll see the worst of me" His voice did nothing to me.

I have to collect information about siddharth. How come he was alive? That too a journalist? His passion was IT field, that's why I was working on MNC fulfilling his passion.

If he's alive then why didn't he come to me? Why didn't he contact me? Did he forget me? Is it easy for him to forget me? BUT HOW THE HELL HE WAS ALIVE? HE DIED IN FRONT OF ME!!! INFRONT OF MY EYES!!! HOW?? HOW???

All the images of his last breathing kept flashing inside me. After the truck hit him, I ran towards him only to see him struggling hard to breathe. I cried, yelled for help keeping his head on my lap. A few minutes later an ambulance came. Some attendees took him on it and I sat beside him wiping the blood stains. Then..Then..His body lifted in the air for few minutes and the doctor announced he's dead.. DEAD!!!

HE IS DEAD!!! I couldn't understand anything. I saw him sometime before..

"Khushi, what the hell you're thinking? I am waiting for your response, but you're bubbling in your own world" I was brought back to present and frightened by his tone and his vigorous shake on my shoulders.

I pushed his hands fervently "Arnav behave. You're manhandling me"

"You behave first khushi. Do you even treat me like a human? From the time of our marriage, you are misbehaving. I am not going to tolerate that behaviours of yours henceforth. Do you get that" He yelled crashing the glass table in anger.

Blood dripped down from his hands. The humanity inside me didn't let him on his own.

"Show me your hand arnav. You need first aid" I tried to held his hand which he raised far away from my reach.

"First answer my question. Who is siddharth?" He questioned through gritted teeth. I can feel a rage in his voice.

I lowered my eyes not knowing what to answer. Shall I say the truth? Or Shall I lie?

"I don't want to hear a lie. At least be truthful for this goddamn relationship we share" He clearly showed his frustration. Who else can't be in this situation, my mind mused even in this critical situation.

'Maybe I should say the truth. I was tired of being bugged by his advantages he's showing to me in the name tag of wife'

"You owe me an explanation khushi" He commanded before I could reply.

My brows scrunched by his command "What did you mean by owe? I am not your slave arnav"

"Yeah you're not. But I am. I am sick of your behaviour khushi" He yelled making me jump fearing the intensity. 

"I am asking for last time who is he? If you are not willing to answer me then fine. I'll ask this to your family" Saying this he stared me for few minutes before taking his mobile.

He dialled someone..Whom was he dialing? My mind was blank, I couldn't decipher what should be done. Already I am confused by siddharth presence now this arnav. Hmphh...

My eyes widen when I heard him speaking.

"Hello uncle, I need your help. I want to know something about khushi"

"ARNAV..." I jumped snatching the phone.

I shuddered at the thought of my father going aware of this. He cannot bear this. Simply he can't..The rage which was hidden started resurfacing...How dare he? How dare he to involve my father?

I held arnav collar "You want to know who he is right. Then hear me. HE'S THE ONE WHO OWNS MY HEART. HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHOM I LOST MY HEART TOO. HE'S MY FIRST AND LAST LOVE. Is this enough or do you want to know more" shouting this I made the truth clean and clear for arnav.

_____

Vote!
Comment!
Hope this update was Okish😉