36. Companionship

Khushi POV

Drying the shawl, I looked around the room. It was spacious enough to accommodate more than two people.  Seven star hotel, may be.

"Khushi here's your dress" He handed me a packet. I took it and eyed him questioningly. From where did he buy this dress at early morning. 

As if understanding my question he replied "I got our dress packed yesterday"

Not knowing how to extend the conversation I grabbed the dress and towel.

Slipping into the given tops and jeans, I left the washroom only to gulp at the sight before me.

There in the middle of the room stood he showing his back with his shirt off drying his hair. The water dripped down trailing from his hair, down the spine ever slowly and got solace under his trousers.

What the hell, am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself for giving images to my sinful thoughts.

"Er... Arnav you can take bath now" I cleared my throat purposely only to stop my scandalized thoughts.

He nodded disappearing into the washroom and I exhaled my breath.

As we got ready ourselves, we came downstairs for breakfast. As usual he asked about my preference of having breakfast down in dining area or on our room itself. Sometimes I fear about my capability of loving him. How much he care for me and loving me! How am I going to repay him?

Willingly entwining my fingers with him, I held his arm gently by my another hand.

Like always a lovely man, he pulled out a chair for me. Settling opposite to me he go through the menu card and give another one to me.

After ordering it, we sat in silence and I was taken aback by his stare. His gaze piercing my soul. I wiggled on my place.

"Er.. Arnav you still didn't told me about what happened five years back"  I questioned mentally patted myself for coming with this topic.

He smiled and his smile reached his eyes glowing more than normal.

"It was five years back" He whispered with a sigh.

I found myself excited to hear and moved little forward sitting at the edge of the chair.

Palming my jaws I perked up my ears eyeing him to continue.

"So eager are we?" Asked he.

When I nodded in reflex he tapped my nose.

"It was the time when I joined AR and started to work. Dad strictly denied to give me a top designation unless I prove my abilities. So in earlier times he personally assigned my tasks which was not at all to be worked sitting in a air conditioned cabin. I used to travel a lot. Like once I was called by a university for guest lecture. I used to give lectures back. So it was not at all a surprise thing" he chuckled and stopped telling as our food arrived.

I held his hand from picking the fork.

"What?"

"Finish what you started" I demanded having zero patience.

"Are you serious? Khushi eat first, I am not going anywhere and you too"

"No.. you said this other day too but didn't told me. Now I want to know else I'll not eat" I declared stubbornly slightly moving back in the chair.

He looked at me amused and I had hard time in controlling my smile.

"Are you a kid wifey? Seriously. I couldn't believe it. For this small matter you're acting childish. And as far as I remember the day before yesterday someone advised me not to behave childish" He raised his brows.