24. He deserves a princess, not ME!!!

Khushi Pov

"Khushi...Khushi...Wake up. Flight is gonna land" I snapped from my sleep taking my head away from his shoulder. I had good sleep, considering the fact that I was close to my husband for the first time. It felt so right.

Wiping my face in order to ebb my sleep, I stood up to go to the washroom, before I can tell him to move he himself stood up giving way to me. Mumbling a quick thank you I moved from there.

He is thoroughly a gentleman.

We stepped into a lavish apartment near the seashore. The surroundings itself screams its extravagance. Examining the place we took the elevator.

"Is this your own flat or we're renting here?" I asked breaking the silence. We didn't converse much throughout the travel and I kind of feel bored seeing him all silent engrossed in aloof from me.

"Own flat" He replied in crisp.

"On which floor?" I asked hoping to get him in a conversation.

"25th" Again his crisp answer made me think about my decision.

Is he angry with me?

Why do I feel he is not in his usual self? Does he miss his family? Did I do wrong? But even I too left my family after marrying him. That was a universal norm, right. A girl has to leave her house while a man will happily stay with his family till his last breath.

"Did you buy recently or Is it your old flat?" I asked gauging his expressions. If he bought recently then it may be due to my stubbornness.

"I bought it recently, before our marriage"

Offo..oh goodness, he didn't buy it after I put forth my decision.

"I thought to gift it to you on our wedding night. I heard you love beach houses. From our flat, we can easily view the seashore and go there through backyard of this apartment"

I hiccupped knowing the truth behind this house. He has so many dreams. What did I do? Crushed under my feet even before he rejoices!!!

Elevator pinged indicating we reached our desired floor. He stepped out first waiting for me to join him.

I followed him and he keeps glancing back to know whether I am following him or not. I kept glancing him time to time thinking whatever I am doing was right or not. The decision I thought would be for my betterment was now eating me from inside.

Something is not right with him Or else why would he keep his face as stern? But his voice sounds usual. What the hell is happening with me?

"Why're you walking slow? Walk beside me" He said flattering his steps. 

"Haan...I don't know where is our flat" I said eyeing all the flats which look similar.

"Last in this row" saying this he started walking and stopped before one flat.

That may be our flat.

I stood beside him waiting for him to open the door. He took keys from his trouser pockets and I got attentive to see our new house.

Instead of opening the lock he turned facing me, forwarding his hands which holding the keys.

My breath hitched understanding the underlying meaning behind his actions.

"Open the door khushi. It's your home" He said with smile.

What the!!! My home. My home...., I chanted in mind not believing his words. I can't explain how overwhelmed I was due to his one word. Being grown in a rented house for years, I was just swept off when he said it was my home.