13. Reception party

Khushi Pov

Why would I always end up in misery? I can do nothing seeing him sharing my food on my plate sitting in a food court. The desert he ordered for him was too much spicy. Shouldn't he know what he likes to eat? Or Is he purposely get the food which was not of his taste so that he can share my food.

My jaws are paining by the pressure i gave it, not so a few seconds before. He silently ate two morsels from his plate only to let his eyes red, seeing his struggle annika jumped in.

"Bhai drink water" she passed him water before glancing me maybe she expected me to react.

"Bhai shall I order less spicy food?" She asked with full of worry.

"No anni, this food will be wasted..." Wow being rich doesn't curb his humanity but next instant I cursed myself for praising him earlier after hearing his suggestion "Khushi likes spicy food i think we can exchange it" he said without my permission he effortlessly exchanged the food.

Now he's eating my food while my appetite flies out of the window the minute his food reached me.

"When did I said I like spicy food? Why are you playing?" I murmured through gritted teeth trying hard to keep the conversation between us without letting annika to know.

"Forgot what I told you yesterday. We should know each other likes and dislikes. And pairing with a log headed like you who constricted all the way to reach her, it was next to impossible so I thought to find it myself. Now see I don't like spicy foods so as you. By this way, you never will forget what I dislike in food" He winked and flashed his teeth before gobbling down his or precise my food.

"You know I don't like this then how can you expect me to eat this spicy food?" I twisted my mouth seeing the plate full of foods yet can't able to eat any of it.

He smiled and slightly pushed the plate towards me "We can share" saying this he passed another spoon to me.

I feel like to shout my lungs out, how dare he? First, i should hit myself on a wall for choosing pulav instead of a burger. If it was burger there was no question for sharing in the first place.

I sat grimaced wandering my eyes away from the food. Albeit losing appetite, my stomach grumbled indicating its hollowness. Gritting my teeth I hold back my breath to calm my nerves.

"Khushi...Take this burger hope you like it" I turned at arnav who gestures newly arrived burger. When did he order? Anyways thank goodness! I need not to starve.

I attacked the burger earning astounded expression from arnav. Did I overreact? But what to do when my stomach keeps grumbling which will ache if I keep starving.

"You like burger" His eyes showed victory. I have more work than noticing his detailed expressions, ignoring him I gobbled up what was before me.

The following evening passed with chit-chatting with the family. Arnav left to the office after dropping us. Nothing hard much happened, i felt as I am with my family. Both mom and annika entertained me so well and dad also joined later. Dinner went as noisy affair and arnav absence made me behave normally with them which I myself can realise it. Along with it some fear also crept me 'How they'll feel if they came to know about arnav and me are not a normal couple? What would happen if my parents become aware of it? All will be heartbroken. How am I going to escape from this marriage without hurting others? I don't know when sleep took over me.

New morning dawned bringing some unknown restlessness within me. I don't know what but something was amiss, what was it? I don't know but somehow I have to stop this reception, How? Thinking various plans, I came downstairs after getting ready and noticed the house was full of hustle bustle. Mom was giving instructions to some workers who were decorating the living room. Annika showing some images on her iPad probably, designs. Dad was supervising all of it. Where's arnav? I didn't saw him from yesterday itself. Did he come home?