He was breathing evenly, keeping a neutral aura that almost spooked her after quite some time. (He could've stopped breathing altogether if he didn't focus on the act.)

"I still love him..." He'd sigh then, eyes almost glassy, but he'd smile. They discussed her options after. (He pushed her back to him. Because that would make her happy, right?)

At the end of the day, she said goodbye to him and forgave her ex. (Again, he was wallowing is self-loathing by the time he knew she was back in his arms. Hopefully, happy).

She didn't need to know about his wishful thinking for years on end that cued on her trying to love him instead.

When her boyfriend of two years dropped down on one knee and offered her a ring, he'd been there. Clapping (forlornly). But he was coughing and had slips of sneezes that she passed it off as the effect of his state (or her happiness selfishly clouded against more serious judgements).

He'd been basking in the shadows and the night sky when she approached him. (The sky was as empty as him).

"Isn't it beautiful?" He nods, watching her. When she turned to look at him, he grumbled a low 'congratulations', a (pained) smile, and a goodbye.

She watched him walk away, too happy to notice the graveness with his every step.

She didn't need to know that he was desperately watching out for shooting stars so he could wish for an intervention before she approached him.

When she asked him to take the part of being the best man, he said okay.

She'd been so nervous to ask him to do it. (He refused to believe that Kiko wanted him as best man, too. He knew that the guy knew of his unrequited feelings. The guy's egging on him and rubbing victory against his face.)

"Oh, thank you!" She claps, smile reaching from ear to ear, and she hugged him tightly. (It was worth it for that smile alone).

He assisted them during the preparations thereof. (Also an excuse to see her everyday. She looked happier. He didn't have the heart to stir it off if he decided to finally let himself free).

She didn't need to know how he was forced to. When would he actually have the chance to be waiting at the altar and see her 'bridely' glow on her wedding day?

When she walked down the aisle, she saw his eyes brimming with tears.

He looked as though he was being incinerated, like his heart was... breaking. (In all truths, his heart was actually plundering against his chest, as if wanting to escape the dumb human it was rewarded to.)

"I'm happy for you..." He whispers in tears, wanting to hold her, even for a moment. As if she was his to hold. (He could feel burning stares of past acquaintances who'd seen his affection towards her being more than what she insisted — and he was sure that he'd look ridiculous).

But he smiled. It became clear to her then, that it was one of pain and pure regret. (He recognized her worry for a fleeting moment. He mustered up his best smile, encouraged her to carry on, before slipping of the earth's grid for two weeks).

She didn't need to know that he wasn't able to withdraw from hoping until Kiko finally led her to the altar.

When she encountered their first, huge fight as a married couple, she was absolutely in fits of doubt and worry to run to him.

His reaction during the wedding latched on to her like a baggage. In a way, she was blaming herself for being so oblivious to his own feelings.