Chapter Twenty-Nine: Mystical Messaging

Eun Mi POV

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" I nearly the crush the alarm clock.

"Uuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhh........" Y/n groans.

"Same." I hear Ji Mi agree.

"C'mon girls. It's a week before the performance. We have to practice hard to perfects the nooks and crannies of our little mistakes." I attempt to encourage. However, Ji Mi and Y/n just death glare me.

"Okay, I get the message. I'll leave you two alone for a while." I back away slowly, knowing, full well, they'd attack me if I persisted. I quietly close the door shut.

"Pssst. Eun Mi." I hear someone call my name around the corner.

I walk over with my fists clenched, ready to punch an unknown stranger. I pop around the corner with my fist inches away from Vernon.

"Vernon!" I whisper, loudly. "What're you doing up so early?"

"Uhh, to give you the message."

"Oh. Well then what is it?"

"I wrote on this slip of paper 'cause I know you'd probably forget something."

"Yep, you got that right." I took the slip and went around the corner.

"Don't forget." Vernon emphasized.

By the time I was ten steps away from him, I opened up the paper and read all of the little jot-dots.

• Apologize to Y/n as to why we had a tasteless conversation.
• Tell Y/n that the reason why I couldn't actually talk to her is because Eun Ae doesn't want me to.
• Tell her not to talk to Eun Ae about it.
• Tell her that it was the toughest week to endure when she was at C/n
•Tell her I missed her
•Ask Y/n if she and I can arrange an outing.

I scoff at the last part. "Outing"? Yeah right. What a vanilla way to say date.

I walk back in to dorm do re-wake up Ji Mi and Y/n, but to my surprise, they're already up groggily strapping in their shoes and sluggishly moving across the room like zombies.

"Don't worry. We're ready to go." Y/n says, monotonously.

We all head to Fantagio Building and practice out butts off. Y/n had her occasional vertigo, but nothing too serious. I really hate the diet she's on. During break, I finally got a chance to talk to Y/n.

"N/n. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah, but you're gon'na have to help me get up and not fall over."

I pull her up on her feet and help her walk aside.

"So what's this thing you want to talk about?" She questions curiously.

I take out the slip of paper. "Ummm, we first off, it's from Vernon. He apologizes for not speaking with you emotionally. This is because," I re-read the note, trying to decipher what he was writing. "Eun Ae doesn't want him to talk to you. Don't tell Eun Ae-unnie about this. Also the week you went to C/n, was the most difficult week for Vernon to endure. He misses you and he wants to know if you two can arrange an outing somehow. I'm pretty sure it's a date though." I wink twice.

"Oh? Wow, that's a lot to take in." She inhales sharply. "So are you our messenger bird, or something?"

I take a while to think it over. I nod. "Yeah, I guess I am."

"Well then tell him that I probably can't schedule a 'date' anytime soon. Maybe after the performance." Y/n says, while air quoting the word, date.

I chuckle. "Okay. I will." I help her waddle her back to her placement.

Moonbin POV

It was the end of practice, nearly eight o'clock, and Y/n was about to leave. I almost forgot about the little note in her jacket.

"Wait! Y/n!" I holler.

She turns around. "Yes?"

"You forgot this last time." I say while holding the jacket with note inside towards her. "I wouldn't want you to forget it a second time."

While she grips the jacket, I pull her close to me. "Check the pocket when you reach to Pledis." I let go.

She looks at me weirdly and giggles. "Okay."

Y/n POV

The first step I take in the Pledis building, I immediately see Vernon and smirk. I walk to my dorm room and plop in my bed. I jolt up, remembering to check my jacket pocket. I pull out a folded paper.

__________________

Dear Y/n,
It's been a long time since I've written one of these. Something I'd like to clear up, is the way I grimly talked to you in the morning. I didn't mean to, it's just that my manager doesn't want me to talk to you with much emotion to keep our kiss at the airport on the low. Speaking of which, the kiss wasn't a goodbye one.

Love,
Your Starbeam
P.S. Don't tell anyone about this because I don't want them to gossip about this. It might lead to my manager's

Wasn't a goodbye one? What? Well then what type was it? I can't even talk to him either. I sigh solemnly. 'Ding!' Oh I've got an idea.

I rush up and get some paper. I scramble to find a pencil or pen.

_______________

Dear Starbeam,
         What a coincidence it is that you and Vernon are both restricted to talk to me. Lol. Oh well. Plus it's fine that you spoke to me coldly. I just thought that you had a lot of things were in your mind. I'm glad that things are okay. Why didn't you just text me instead? And what do you mean by "not a goodbye kiss"?

Love,
Y/n
P. S. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about this. I wouldn't want to you to get in trouble.

I hear the door snap open. I turn around abruptly and to my surprise, it's Dino.

"What're you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm looking for the closest bed." He groans. He throws himself on Ji Mi's bed. "Uuuuuuugggghhhhhh. Finally, sanctuary."

I chuckle a little. "Truth."

"What's that you got there?" Dino curiously asks.

"Nothing."

"Is it a mystic message?" I jokingly says, while laughing at his own joke.

"Sure, you can say that."

"Oh? Well then life's really a game, huh? No game, no life, am I right?" He he grins brightly at his pun, since at the time he was voice acting a minor character in the anime.

I shake my head. "Dino, you're so corny." I smile as well. I fold up the paper and shove it in my pocket.