Chapter Fourteen: Letters

Moonbin's POV

"Hey Y/n. I wanted to talk to you before I go to sleep. Is that okay?"

"Yeah it's fine."

"Alright, it's not a serious talk or anything, just casual. I just want to reminisce about our shared past."

"Heh, okay. Well, was reading my writing difficult? My hand writing was always messy."

"No, no. It was fine really. However, using googol interpret was difficult 'cause it didn't know what slang was." I joked.

I'm sure it was late without looking at the clock. We were both definitely laying in bed laughing and giggling over our silly conversation through our letters. Until it started to get serious.

"Hey, Moonbin?" Y/n calls, softly.

"Yeah"

"When we were twelve, you started to stop sending letters. Why?" She inquired seriously.

"Ohhh." I realize. "I was a trainee in Fantagio then. I'm sure you understand why, right? Didn't I end it with you?"

"Oh, yeah. You did." She says melancholically. "Uhh, nevermind that, I just forgot about it, that's all." She cheers unexpectedly.

"Y/n? What's wrong?"

She inhaled sharply "Nothing. Well, good night. It was nice talking to you."

"Wait I-"

She hangs up. 'Dammit! What happened while I was a trainee?'

~Flashback~

December 20th

Dearest Y/n,
It's me. It's been so long since I've talked to you. I've missed you so much. Please tell me how you day's been going. It really cheers me up. You truly are the light in this bleak world. I really hope you could come here with me or that I could go to you. I'd really like to see how you'd look like, but it wouldn't matter either way.

Love,
Your Starbeam
P.S. Good luck on you history test!

January 1th

Dearest Y/n,
I finally got your letter back and I'm doing fine.

There's this girl that I've been falling for. She's a lot like you actually. I only know her through this online game, so I don't even know how she looks like. She's basically another you. She's smart, witty, sarcastic every now and then. But most of all she's extremely beautiful beyond compare. How do you think I can meet up with her? Y'know face to face? Send me your answer in the next letter.

I hope your wretched foster parents get arrested for domestic abuse. Anyways, Happy New Years!

Love,
Your Starbeam

January 25

Dearest Y/n,
I don't think FaceTime would work. You see I don't have a phone. This girl did give me her address. And it's going to be Valentine's Day soon so since you're just like her what would you want for Valentine's Day. 'Cause y'know you're like her so, just thinking logically.

Love,
Your Starbeam

February 14th

Dearest Y/n,
My friend just told me that the person that lives in her "address" is this old woman. Well, now that I know I got played by a neadeun yeoja (old lady), enjoy the gift. Happy Valentine's Day, princess.

Love,
Your Starbeam
P.S. I'm sure you'll like it. I have a matching set here in Korea.

February 28th

Dearest Y/n,
I just got scouted for a company called Fanta I think. Like the drink. Anyways, I'm sure we can still write to each other. I got to go soon. I have dance practice. I'll write to you soon. And don't ever think you're alone.

Love,
Your Starbeam

August 18th

Dearest Y/n,
My day's been going well. I'm sorry I haven't written back in a long time.
I have some bad news. I don't think we can talk/write to each other anymore. My life is too busy and exhausting. Not that you're exhausting, it's just that I barely have anytime reading your letters and writing them back. I think it's just easier to for us stop talking to each other. I don't want you to keep on waiting for me. I'm sorry.

Sincerely,
Your Starbeam

Y/n POV

I hung up on Moonbin. I don't blame him for not understanding. After all I didn't tell him. My foster parents and siblings would punch me in the face, push me to the ground, and would call me mean slurs. There would be a new bruise or broken bone every passing day. Whenever I called the adoption agency, it was like they switched their attitudes from salty and bitter to sweet and loving. I would always have thoughts of running away or just killing myself. It would continue from when I was seven, until my foster family and I went to the mall and a person from the adoption agency saw how cruelly the people were treating me. They immediately took me by the hand and pulled me aside. After that I've never gotten adopted.

"Y/n can we talk about this over some gimbap at Pledis?" Moonbin texted me.

I sigh in thought. "Alright, but please be open-minded of how I felt when I was twelve." I texted back.

"Okay I will. You have my word." He types back promptly. "P.S. I'll bring the gimbap."