Chapter Twenty: Defensive Vs Offensive

Y/n POV

"Can Eclipse enter Manager Kim Lee Song's office." The intercom instructs.

I can hear all of us groan from different parts of Pledis.

All of us arrive roughly at the same time except for Je Yoon-unnie. Twenty minutes pass by and Je Yoon finally shows up.

"Yah! What took you so long." Ji Mi says.

"I was taking a shower." She replies, nonchalantly.

"Anyways, the dance instructors want you girls to wake up and arrive at five a.m." Manager-nim informs.

"But that's before the sun even rises." Eun Mi complains.

"Yeah, I know, but it's only 'cause your synchronization is drastically off."

"Yeah, she's right. I was watching and it could use a lot of work." Eun Ae agrees.

"So its settled. I expect you all to wake up, get dressed, and get ready to leave at four-fifty a.m."

"Yes Manager-nim." We all say in unison.

We all head off to bed knowing full-well we have to wake up super early. I sare a room with Ji Mi and Eun Mi.

"So, did Moonbin kiss you on the lips this time?" Ji Mi teases.

I chuckle as if he did. "No." I dead-panned.

"I bet Vernon would've been so jelly!" Eun Mi fangirls.

I give them both the 'seriously?' look.

"Girls, let's just go to sleep. We have a busy day ahead of us."

"Yeah, Okay. Good night." Eun Mi says.

"G'night." Ji Mi and I say at the same time.

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEE-" The alarm goes off.

"Ugh." Eun Mi groans. "Do we have to?"

Eun Ae barges in. "Yes, yes you do."

"Early bird." I comment.

"Too early bird!" Ji Mi whines.

We got to the Fantagio building and everyone there was red-eyed and bushy-tailed. Not much of a surprise. By the time it was five-thirty, everyone looked fresh, but was dying on the inside.

We had started the choreograhy.

"Y/n, you okay?You look unbalanced. Is it because of your diet?" He asks mid-dance.

"I'm fine, Moonbin. You don't have anything to worry about." Honestly the diet's been killing me. I then miss a step and trip on Moonbin's feet.

"Y/n, you have to do better! What if you tripped on stage? You and your group will be the laughingstock." The male instructor scolded.

"Would you go easy on her. She's just tired. It is six in the morning." Moonbin says calmly while helping me up.

"That's not an excuse! She's an idol. Waking up bright and early should be second nature to her already." The female instructor adds on.

"Idols are humans too. What do you know about being an idol? About being blamed for something you didn't do. About saying 'sorry' for being outspoken. About being criticized for being too fat or too skinny. About upholding the company's delicate and frail reputation on your dainty shoulders. What do you know about being an idol?!" Moonbin shouts.

The room stays dead silent, to where it can hear a pin drop. I can tell everyone was intimidated by Moonbin's reaction of words. Moonbin is still fuming with rage.