Chapter Eleven: Daddy Issues

Y/n POV

I had gotten to the recording studio to see my "dad" for the progress video all of Eclipse had to do.

"Eun Ae. You used to be the little girl in the house. And now... your the great leader of a successful girl group. I'm so proud of you." Eun Ae's mother sobbed.

"Thank you." Eun Ae sniffled. "So much for helping me get here."

"You did so well. I'm beyond delighted to have you as my daughter Jin Yeom-ie."

"As am I to have you as my father." Jin Yeom says, failing holding back her tears.

"Ji Mi. I wish you've would've chosen a different career choice, but at least you not in the streets. I will never completely accept your career choice but I will support you in it."

"Yes mom. And thank you for supporting me." Ji Mi said under her breath. I saw her

"Noona! It's so good to see you again. It's been forever. I can't believe after all this time you actually became an idol! I'm so happy for you!"

"Hi! It's nice to see you too! And thank you for backing me up." Je Yoon happily declared.

"Eun Mi-Ah! I knew you'd make Eclipse. And you were doubting yourself so much. Don't ever doubt yourself again. You have no idea how talented you are."

"Thank you auntie. You assisting me through this journey."

"Shin Ae. You're a disgrace to the family name for not continuing the family business. Thank goodness for us that we had another heir."

"I'm sorry, but my life isn't for you to control." Shin Ae says defiantly.

"Y/n. I'm so honored to have a great daughter like you. You're my most special little girl. I wish you good luck in the future."

I fake-laugh. "Thanks dad." I look to the side, breaking contact.

I'm sure Jin Yeom and Je Yoon had their relatives faked too. No one's life is rainbows and sprinkles. Jin Yeom's actor wasn't all that great but I'm sure it convincing towards the audience.

The FaceTime screen ends. "Alright, you girls are free to go. Oh and Jin Yeom, nice touch with the tears."

"Thank you." She says solemnly.

They all walk out of the studio, except me. I wait for the door to close so I can have a talk with my dad.

"Manger-nim, our deal."

"Of course." She calls up my dad. "Ok it's all yours."

"Hi." I greet in English.

He gasps. "Y/n! How did you get this number?"

"I have my ways. Now I just want to know something."

"What is it?"

Vernon POV

I see all of Eclipse walking out of the recording studio, except for Y/n. I begin to worry, so I catch up to Je Yoon.

"Noona. What happened to Y/n? Why is she still in there?" I ask urgently.

"Hmm? Oh she's probably just talking to the manager about something. You don't need to fret so much."

"You're right. I should just cool off." I take a deep breath.

'What could she possib- OHHH! How could be so stupid. She probably in there with the off camera call with her dad.' I smack my head in realization. All of Eclipse is staring at me.

I chuckle awkwardly. "Nothing to worry about just keep doing your thing."

I start sprinting back to the recording studio to eavesdrop on Y/n so I can finally know what's going on. Until, Hoshi-hyung catches my arm.

"Hyung let go of me. I have to get to Y/n."

"Well she's in the recording studio. I'm sure she doesn't want to be interrupted. Besides I don't want you talking to her. It'll risk you falling for her."

"Like I said, I'm not going to fall for her." I say irritably.

"Still I don't think you can control yourself. Plus, you need to work on the choreography. Your footwork is awful."

"Hyung!"

"Yah! Quit being such a brat today!"

He drags me to the dance studio, the exact opposite of where Y/n is. 'Dammit Hoshi!"

We practice and practice and practice and practice all day long. I swear I almost slipped in my sweat. It's already nightfall. I'm sure Y/n' s off-camera phone call is over for certain.

"Okay you're free to go, Vernon. Rest for the day."

"How can you say 'rest for that day' when it's already night?" I exclaim rhetorically.

"Oh well. Just go already. Unless you want to practice more?"

"No, no I'm fine. Thank you for practicing with me."

I get the f*** out of there and bump into Y/n again. 'Jeez why am I always bumping into her author 😉'

"Eww, Vernon! Y'know, showers aren't illegal."

"Look I just got out of practice."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just make sure you take a shower before you.m go to sleep."

"Yeah, okay."

We walk past each other... WAIT! Y/n' s phone call. I turn around immediately.

"Hey! Wait! Y/n!"

"Hmm?" She turns around "What is it?"

"I- uh. H-how was the FaceTime recording?"

"Uhh, it was fine. Why're asking?"

"Because I want to know what happened off-camera."

She steps back in shock. "How do you know about that?"

"I uh" I scratched that back of my neck in awkwardness. "Sort of eavesdropped."

"What?" She looked like she was going to punch me.

"YAH! VERNON-AH!" I hear Hoshi shout. "What did I tell you about talking with Y/n?"

"Not to." I replied.

"Exactly. If you I catch you talking to her again, I'll be making you practice for nine hours straight. We clear?"

"Yeah." I sigh.

"Good. Now go take a shower. You smell."

I walk to the showers. 'Dammit Hoshi. That's the third time today. He's always interrupting my conversations with Y/n' The got steam relieves my aching muscles. 'I just want to know what's happening with Y/n. I care for her. Next time I talk to her, I have to make sure Hoshi's not around.'