Chapter Nineteen: Testing Powers

Y/n's POV

I don't want to hurt anyone. Like Jin Yeom and Eun Ae said, I didn't want to create another scandal. Jeez I'm just a
walking disaster. I head to the roof as a safe space to practice and test my powers.

"I wish for that rock to go one meter east." I say.

As a surprise, it did. My eyes widened as to why I haven't discovered this before.

~Flashback~

"...Happy Birthday to you!" The whole class sang to Min Yeon Na, the most brattiest girl in class.

'Ugh I hate sing to her. She so selfish and stingy and the boys don't even notice this. They keep falling for that porcelain-capped grin she always had. The least she could do is be nice. I wish she was more generous.'

"Would you like some cake, Hye Rin-unnie?" Yeon Na asked.

"She just thought of another person, besides herself. Is this an imposter?" One of my upperclassmen whispers to another.

Every girl was shocked as to what Soon Seok just did. We all immediately look at Yeon Na to see her response.

"Umm... sure?"

'Wow what a coincidence.' I thought.

~Flash Forward~

'So that wasn't just a coincidence.' I shake my head to focus back on testing and tearing my powers.

"I wish to levitate." As expected I do so.

"Ugh Hoshi works me so arduously." Vernon walk in rubbing his shoulder, while closing his eyes.

I freeze as if it'd do something. He finally opens his eyes.

"Oh hey Y/n, why're you up here and how are you tall- omigosh!" He notices. "Y-you floating! How?! Why?! Are you a witch?!" He hides behind a chair.

I sigh. "I wish to reset my wishes."

"Wish?"

"Vernon, what this is. It's a lot to explain. I barely understand it myself."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes and you can't tell anyone about this power I have. B/f/n just found out last night and told me."

"So what are you then? A genie?"

"Well my friend calls me a fairy, and I'd prefer that way."

"Oh okay, well then continue on your little practice. Though, you're gonna have to explain all of this to me later. Okay?"

"Okay."

I continue on for about another hour. I start having fun with my powers.

"I wish for that bird to land in my finger." And it did.

"Hmm? I wish for Moonbin's outing with me goes smoothly."

"Well, only one way to find out now."

~Time Skip To When Y/n And Moonbin Are Out~

"Remember that one tie when you were stuck on that one riddle? What was it again?"

"What do you call a three-humped camel?" Moonbin says embarrassed.

"Oh yeah." I giggle. "Weren't you stuck on that for like a week?"

"It was a month." He mumbles.

I laugh uncontrollably. I can see Moonbin grin a little bit from my wild laughter, on the coner of my eye.

"Y'know, I used to have a huge crush on you when we were younger." He says with the same grin.

"You did?! I didn't even notice." I chuckle. "Sorry for being so dense."

"Its fine. I wasn't being too explicit with my little signs and clues."

"Wait! There were clues?!"

"Oh Y/n." He shakes his head in disappointment. "Remember when that old lady was 'flirting' with me through a game."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I sort'a made it up so I could get you what you wanted for Valentine's Day, since almost nothing is given to you."

"Ohhhh, so that's why you were emphasizing how much she was like me. Why didn't you just ask?"

"Because I thought you' figure out that I had a crush on you."

"Aww, how cute?" I giggle.

"Whatever." His hand slips from the surplus sweat he has.

"Well what happened to your little crush on me?"

"First of all, it was a huge crush. Second of all, I started to stop having a crush on you because when i was a trainee, all I could think of is becoming a rising idol. My feelings for you sort'a just faded I guess." He shrugged.

"Oh yeah. I can understand." I realize that the mood had gotten down. "But wittle Moonbin getting all giddy about a girl he wikes. How cute?" I joke around.

"Whatever." I see him blush and look away.

"Anyways I wanted to talk about your group's parent re-meet."

"Yeah what about it?"

"Didn't you say that your parents throw you away? If its not too bold for me to ask."

"Umm, well. I just found out that they didn't throw me away."

"What d'you mean?"

"Well..." I take a moment to collect my words.

"I'm not forcing you to tell me." He comforts.

"My mother, she pasted away in child birth. As for my father, he had become an alcoholic because of him grieving over my mother's death. He started to realize what he had been turning into, so he sent me to an orphanage." I explain.

"Then what happened?"

"He... he died just last week."

He's taken back a bit. "Y/n, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll make sure you'll make it to your father's funeral."

I see it as a little joke. what could he possibly do? "Okay, sure." I say, unconvinced.

~Time Skip To When They're At Pledis Doors~

"Bye."

"Good-bye and as I said, I didn't kiss you."

I giggle as I walk into the room.

"I had fun today." Moonbin texted.

"Me too!"

"I wasn't joking by the way."

"Hmm?"

"I promise you'll go to your father back at C/n for his funeral. Whether or not the Pledis directors like it or not."

"Thank you."

Vernon POV

I hear the door open then close. I also hear the cute giggle of Y/n.

"What'chu giggling about?"

"Oh, Moonbin just said something cute."

I immediately become irritated by the mere mentioning of Moonbin.

"Did he kiss you again?"

She chuckles. "No, silly. Not this time. He promised."

"Y'know all men are wolves and all promises can be broken."

"Does that make you a wolf? Does that make you unfit to keep my promises." She tests me.

I pause to think of a comeback, but I can't think of anyting. "Okay, you win this time."

I sigh in defeat, not only for Y/n proving me wrong, but also because Moonbin is getting closer and closer to Y/n each passing day.

I have to devise a way to detach Moonbin.

I would like to thank the two special appearances:
@Aphmau_Fan_LOL as Min Yeon Na
@ACuteCoconut as Kim Hye Rin
I know this isn't your actual OC's, but at least you appeared. Please don't be made at me. 😖