Chapter Eight: My Pen Pal? pt.1

Hai! So quick question ('cause I couldn't think of anything) what fan name should Eclipse have? Comment you suggestions.
Alright you can get back to reading now.😋

Y/n POV

"Next week. However you will be having lunch with Astro tomorrow to know each other a little better."

"Wait a minute, there's six of them and seven of us. How's that going to work?" Eun Ae asks.

"You will be standing on the sidelines."

"Me? Is it because I asked?"

"No. It is because you are the most responsible by yourself."

"Oh."

"Manager-nim, does Eun Ae have to be left out." I ask in melancholy.

"Yes and here are the matches." She hands a paper to Eun Ae.

"Yah, Y/n. You don't have to feel so sorry for me not being able to participate."

"I just don't want you to feel left out."

"It's going to be fine. Besides, I won't be alone. I'll be with Seventeen."

"Okay." I sighed.

"Alright now leave my office. I have a load of paperwork to do." Manager-nim orders.

We leave her office at once. We head to the lounge where we don't find Pristin. They were probably practicing.

Eun Ae-unnie was standing with the paper, while the rest of us were sitting down of the sofas.

"So looks like it's Je Yoon with Jinjin, Shin Ae with Sanha, Jin Yeom with MJ, Y/n with Moonbin, Ji Mi with Eunwoo, and Eun Mi with Rocky." She pauses looking it over once more. "Seems like they paired you guys up by age and roles."

"Looks like Eun Mi and Rocky are gonna have to dance again." I tease.

"Yah! I'm sure they just wanted to stay consistent, since weekly idol started it and all."

~ Time Skip To Tomorrow Lunch With Astro~

We all at a Korean BBQ. It was really awkward since we thought meeting Astro was just going to be a one time thing.

"Hi, again." Shin Ae says awkwardly.

"Hello nice to meet you, again." Sanha says sweetly.

"So what'll it be?" The waiter asked.

"We'll just get the special." Jinjin ordered.

"And drinks?"

"Pepsi." Said Rocky.

"Pink lemonade." Ji Mi commented.

"F/d." I had ordered.

The rest had stayed quiet. Until Moonbin said "The rest of us will just have water."

"Okay, then. I'll have your order in no time."

"So are you girls nervous?" MJ asks.

"No, we actually excited. This benefits both of our groups." Je Yoon says properly.

"Are you nervous working with us?" Jin Yeom questioned.

"Yeah. We don't even know who we're paired up with." Eunwoo says.

"You don't?" I say in shock. "Eun Ae-unnie, do you still have the paper?"

"Yup." She gives the paper to their leader.

After multiple strange expressions, Eunwoo snickered while Rocky kept nudging Moonbin. Jinjin then gave us back the paper.

"Alright here you go." The waiter gave us our food."

While we were eating, Jin Yeom and MJ were in a competition of who could make the most impressions the fastest. Everyone was laughing so much my stomach hurt and Sanha was on the verge of tears (of laughter).

Midway through the laughter I felt my phone buzzing.

"Excuse me, I have to take this."

I walk a few paces away from the laughter and see the caller ID. It's was B/f/n.

"What's up?"

"The sky, of course. Anyway I have to ask you a question about something important."

"And what may that question be?"

"Do you, by any chance, remember what you commented in the live?"

"Yeah, it was 'I wish I was there' with a confounded face at the end. May I ask, what does this have to do with my situation?"

"This tells me what triggered you pop up in Korea out of no where."

"Oh okay. We'll keep up the good work. Thank you so much for this."

"Yeah, not a problem."

She/he hangs up the phone. I walk back to the table, still full of loud laughter.

"Who was it?" Moonbin asks.

"My bestie."

"Okay. Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Umm... no reason." Moonbin says abruptly while looking off somewhere else trying to shrug it off.

The competition between MJ and Jin Yeom continues fiercely. It's was anyone's game until Jin Yeom choked. MJ won this time.

After the competition was over we started chatting about our hopes, dreams, and lives before becoming and idol.

"When I was about 7 years old, I had a sweet pen pal who spoke in a different language. So I had to use googol interpret. Our messages took so long to send, but it was definitely worth it. At the time I went by a different name, since I was to shy to actually give out my real name." Moonbin had said.

It seemed strange since I too had a pen pal from Korea, but what are the chances that it would be Moonbin.

After Eun Ae and Jinjin paid for our meal, we headed out to our respective vans. While we were walking, Moonbin had pulled me to the side.

"C-can we exchange n-numbers?" He asked nervously.

"Why? We're going to see each other again next week."

"Yeah, I know but you just seem extremely familiar."

"Ummm, okay then."

After we exchanged numbers, my team had rushed me inside the van.

"So what did Moonbin pull you aside for?" Shin Ae smirked.

"To exchange numbers." I say nonchalantly.

"Ooooohhh." They all teased.

"Not like that. He just wanted it because I apparently seemed familiar. To be honest though, he seems familiar too."