Chapter Six: A Past?

Y/n POV

"Ugh" I groan in exhaustion.

I had finally learned the choreography, lyrics, and cute little fan service. It was a about a week before the debut date.

We were all taking a short break from practice.

"I'm so nervous for next week." Je Yoon breathed.

"Yeah same." Ji Mi says.

"I wonder what my parents will think when we're all on stage?" Eun Mi inquired.

"I'm all of our parents will feel so proud that we're doing an career we love." Jin Yeom says.

I look down in melancholy.

"Alright! Let's get back to practicing." Eun Ae orders. Everyone starts to go towards the center of the dance room.

"Hey" Shin Ae caresses my shoulder. " You okay?" She asked worried.

"Yeah. I just don't like talking about parents and family and stuff." I reply trying to stop the topic.

"How come?" Shin Ae inquires.

"I uh," I scratch the back of my head "can we talk about this later?"

"Sure."

We begin to practice. I can tell Shin Ae is still worried for me.

After we're done with practice we split up. I go to vocal lessons, as well as Shin Ae. When we walk in, we see Vernon.

"Ah hey Y/n!" Vernon says in English.

"Hi. Y'know, I can speak in Korean."

"You can! Which one are you more comfortable with?"

"English, but since Shin Ae is here, it's better if we speak in Korean."

"Heh yeah. I guess you right."

Vernon gets smacked upside the head.

"Yah! Vernon-Ah! Focus and concentrate!" The voice instructor scolded.

"Ah, I apologize."

We walk by Vernon and go to the voice instructor by him.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Oh Vernon and I are good friends. It's actually been a few weeks since I've last spoken with him."

"Oh I didn't mean that. I meant why your so uncomfortable about talking about your family. Did something happen before you got here?"

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?"

"Why?" She whines.

"Because," I start to whisper "Vernon's here."

"Yeah so? Like you said he's your friend so why wouldn't you want him to know?"

"I just don't want him to pity me."

"Wow, was your before-trainee-life that rough?"

"Ehhh sort of? But aside from that. Can we just talk about this later? I don't want to miss another singing lesson."

She sighs "Okay."

"Thank you."

Vernon POV

I haven't talked or seen Y/n in the longest time. She's been on my mind ever since she popped out of the screen. I don't know why, but I've been think about her a lot and it getting me distracted. I can't even focus on our big upcoming comeback.

"Yeah I know right." I hear Y/n say as she walks in.

Great. Now there's no way I can ignore her.

"Ah hey Y/n!"

Time skip (to Shin Ae and Y/n talking)

I can't hear what she's saying. I did hear my name though. Jeez, what are the talking about.

"Aish, dongsaeng! Pay attention."

"What? Oh, sorry"

We continue singing lessons.

I got out of the lessons before Y/n. I stand just outside the door. Just as I planned, Y/n walks outside and I pull her to the side.

"What were you and Shin Ae talking about?"

"Oh it's nothing." She says and walks away.

"Wait, Y/n." I holler as I grab her forearm.

"Vernon I have a lot of preparing to do. Don't you know that it's the week before my debut?"

I sigh. "Yeah."

"Then let me go."

"Okay." I say full of guilt. I reluctantly let go.

"Thanks."

I watch go off into her dorm.

I start going to my dorm too. Seungkwan and DK are still staring at the cork board.

"Still haven't figured it out yet?"

"No." DK says in exhaustion.

"Okay. Well I'm going to take a shower."

Before I went into the shower I overheard Y/n talking to Shin Ae.

"Please, don't feel so sorry for me. I just want to move past it."

"But you're 19 years old and you still don't know-"

"Yeah, I know I don't know. I just don't want that stopping me from what I want to do."

I back out with my head full of questions. Who were they talking about? Why would Shin Ae feel sorry for Y/n? What does Y/n want to move past?