Chapter Three: She's Just A Friend!

Vernon POV

I was having a blooming conversation with Y/n and we had an a plethora of things we had in common. I never wanted that conversation to end. However it did eventually when Jun came into the room and spoke to me.
(Korean to English from last chapter)

"Vernon, we have to go now."

"Okay"

"Wow, she looks really cute"

"Yeah, well she's way out of you're league. No use of pursuing her."

"I was just complimenting her. It wasn't like I was going to ask her out."

I was irritated to Jun's comment because he seemed to say it like he liked her. I would never let that happen. Y/n's too innocent for that, even though she's 19 years old. Y/n had then tapped my shoulder. I turned my head towards her giving her my full attention.

"Are you okay?" She asked worryingly.

"Yeah, I'm good. I have to go for now. I'm looking forward to seeing you again."

"Okay and me too."

I had then went back to the dorm. I had overheard Jun and Joshua suspiciously talk about Y/n and I. I then went to DK and Seungkwan to see how bad the news was.

"Breaking news! Some strange girl had passed out in one of Seventeen's Vlive, a Pledis Entertainment boy group. After the she fainted, the strange girl was taken to 제일병원 동별관 (Cheil Hospital) where the kpop star, Vernon, had a long and deep conversation with the strange girl. Who is she? Is she a secret girlfriend? Why did she faint? What more could they be hiding? This is 킴지연 (Kim Ji Yeon) reporting live on KBS (Korean Broadcasting System).

Seungkwan and DK then looked at me weirdly.

"So, Vernon. I didn't know you were the 'long and deep conversation' type." Seungkwan teased.

"I also didn't know you had a secret girlfriend?" DK said while nudging me.

I sigh "Look guys she's not my girlfriend. I don't even like her like that. She's just my friend."

"Oh I beg to differ." Jun said behind me.

"What do you mean?" Seungkwan asks.

Jun chuckles mischievously "You'll find out sooner or later. After all there's no way dongsaeng here could keep in his own secret."

"What secret?" I ask. I have no idea what he's talking about. Y/n's just my friend. No secret about it.

"It'll hit you the face later on in the story."

"What story?" I ask.

"Hmm. I didn't say story."

"What!? But I-" DK started, but was interrupted with Seungkwan's purposeful clearing of throat. "-we want to know the secret too!"

"All in good time. Besides isn't it better when you earn something instead." Jun said referring to two nights ago, when Seungkwan and DK made some food and wouldn't share. Instead they said that Jun should've earned it.

After that fiasco, all of Seventeen went to go get some extra practice. Some went for vocal practice and others went to go re-practice their lyrics, but went to go practice on dancing. Midway through dancing, Hoshi walked in and watched me. He jumped in later on. After I decided I was done practicing, I started packing up my things and heading towards the door, in until Hoshi stopped me.

"I heard the news and I don't think you should be talking to Y/n anymore because I'm sure its going to get risky and you're fall for her." Hoshi warns.

"Yea I know, but I have to talk to her. Remember she doesn't know how to speak Korean, only English." I say.

"Well then we'll just have Joshua talk to her instead."

"No. Y/n told me her bias is Joshua."

"Yeah, So? You jealous?" Hoshi questions.

"What makes you think she won't fall- wait WHAT! I am not jealous. Why would I even be jealous? She's just my friend." I refute.

"They said you had a long, deep conversation with her. Who knows what you guys might've talked about."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say as I glare at my hyung.

"Oh nothing."

I start to walk away from him to my dorm.

"However, Jun did tell me something!" Hoshi shouts.

'Ugh.' Mentally face palming. How can no one here get that Y/n is just my friend. I kept on walking not wanting to care about what he said.

I get to my room where I see Seungkwan and DK facing a cork board full of information about Y/n and I and other irrelevant things, lined up with a red piece of yarn.

"What're you guys doing?" I ask

"We're trying to figure out the mystery." DK answers.

"What mystery?"

"The mystery of uhhh." Seungkwan starts. "We should really have a name for this." He whispers to DK.

"Are you guys trying to find out what's the big deal between Y/n, Jun and I?" I guessed.

"Yeah." They answer in unison.

"Okay then. I'm going to get some shut eye."

I take a shower and then go to sleep excited to go to the hospital again to see and talk to Y/n. However I also go to sleep irritated because Jun-hyung is keeping a my secret from me.

~Time Skip~

Y/n POV

I woke up to noise of the news in my room at 7:00 a.m. It was about me. I then became fearful of the reputation of Seventeen, but more importantly the company.

"Knock knock knock"

I face towards the door. "Who is it?" I say loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

"It's..."