Chapter Twelve: Pen Pal Confirmed

Y/n POV

"Manger-nim, our deal."

"Of course." She calls up my dad. "Ok it's all yours."

"Hi." I greet in English.

He gasps. "Y/n! How did you get this number?"

"I have my ways. Now I just want to know something."

"What is it?"

"What did I get thrown away?"

There was a long pause on the other side. It was silent, until a deep sigh interrupted it. "Look, I'm just going to tell it to you straight."

"Alright then." I say braving myself.

"To begin, your mom and I both loved you so much. Okay? Never forget that."

"Okay."

"When you were born, you're mom... she... she didn't make it. It pained me to her on her deathbed. She told me to take care of you. After that, we were both in the home. But I was still grieving over your mother. I started drinking excessively and seeing myself turning into something undeserving for you."

"And so you have me away to an orphanage? Why didn't you give me to one your relatives?"

"If I did, I would tried to get to you by force. Hurting my family. I could never do it."

It took me a while to take it all in. "Thank you for finally telling me." I'm about to hang up the phone.

"Wait! What're you doing nowadays?"

"Hmm? I'm a kpop idol now."

"Wow. My little girl's a star. Shining so brightly. I'm so proud of you. I wish I was there."

"Thank you for supporting me even though you weren't there for most of my life." I say truly.

"Goodbye, my sweet."

"Bye, Dad." I hang up the phone.

"Thank you manager-nim, for letting me call my dad privately."

"It's the least I can do."

I leave the recording studio.

~Time Skip To Next Week~

Today was the first day of dance practice with Astro. Even though Eun Ae wasn't going to be a part of the performance, she came along anyways for moral support.

As we walked in their dance room I glare a Moonbin. I mean I understand but I honestly think it's a little stingy. I digress.

Our dance instructors were both male and female. They said it would be easier to teach both parts.

I still had a small grudge on Moonbin. To be honest I was really passive aggressive against Moonbin. So in consequence, I kept on "accidentally" stepping on his feet.

"Alright lets all take a ten minute break." The female dance instructor said.

Both groups dispersed. Eun Mi and Rocky, main dancers, wanted to keep practicing to make sure that they both got the routine down. Eun Ae and Jinjin were both talking about schedules between both groups to have another joint practice again. Ji Mi and Shin Ae were slightly out of breath, so the went to go get a drink of water. Their partners Sanha and Eunwoo were busy blushing over the dance routine since it was so erotic. Jin Yeom, MJ, and Je Yoon were all joking around about the mistakes they made.

I was going to go catch up with Shin Ae and Ji Mi to get some water, I got an instantaneous jolt back on my right arm. It was Moonbin. He had grabbed my arm.

"Y/n, we need to talk." He demands seriously.

He takes me to the middle of the hallway.

"Look, I know I jumpped to my conclusion about you before I even knew you and I'm sorry for being so being so judge-mental. It's just... you remind me of someone special to me when I was younger."

"So? That doesn't give you the right to be rude to me." I retort.

"I know that. It's just." He takes some time to think.

"Just what?" I say impatiently.

"I sure you know who I am. I'm Starbeam, don't you remember?"

"If you really are the same Starbeam, then say something only my Starbeam would say."

He looks to the side trying to think of something. Looking into my eyes immediately, full of excitement. "I know!" He exclaims. "You were adopted into a wretched, sick family. You hated it there. They would abuse you physically. The part you hated the most was going to school, lying to your friends as to why you were all beaten up, as to why you had a black eye, as to why you-"

"Alright back to the dance studio. We've got tons of more practice to do." The male dance instructor said.

"Okay, we'll be there in a second." Moonbin says. He turns back to me. "So? Am I your Starbeam?"

"Moonbin." I inhale deeply. "Please don't bring that up again." I can feel my throat sink as my voice starts to break. "I don't want to remember any of that." I look down, not letting Moonbin see me start to cry.

"Y/n. I'm so sorry. I should've known." He steps towards me to comfort me. "We should get back soon."

We walk back to the dance studio. And right before we open the door Moonbin turns me to make me face him. "Okay, Y/n let's clean you up a bit." He wipes my wet cheeks with his thumbs. "Alright you good now."

"Thanks." I smile brightly.

~Time Skip To When Practice Is Over~

Ji Mi sharply exhales. "Ugh, I'm so exhausted. I just want to go to the dorms and rest."

"Same." Eun Mi agrees

"But Sanha and Jinjin just asked Jin Yeom and I to some Boba." Shin Ae mentioned.

"Did you girls get permission from our manager?" Eun Ae asks seriously.

"Yes we did and so did their's."

"Alright, but be back in two hours."

"Can I go too?" I add on.

"Yep. So in short, Eun Mi, Ji Mi, Je Yoon, and I are going to go back to Pledis dorms while Y/n, Jin Yeom, and Shin Ae go to get some boba with Sanha and Jinjin. Right?"

"And me" a voice said behind us.

We all turn around to see Moonbin. I glare at him again. 'Are you serious? Why is wanting to follow me all the time?'

"Don't worry I asked my manager, he said it was a go." He reassured.