Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keep It A Secret

Vernon POV

It was eight o'clock and I hear a burst through the front door follows by a bunch of beat out groans. I see Ji Mi and Eun Ae helping Y/n walk.

"Yah! What happened? Is Y/n okay?" I question, frantically while running towards them.

"Tch. Don't say 'yah' to me." Eun Ae scolds.

"She kept in fainting during practice, so we had her rest on the side. Eun Ae tended to her." Ji Mi answers.

"Did Moonbin do anything?" I ask, seriously.

"I don't know what your implying, but Eun Ae-unnie kept him in check if that's what you're asking." Ji Mi replies, unphased and unknowingly.

They continue carrying Y/n. "May I help you carry her?"

"No." They say, monotonously and in unison.

I feel shot down. I plop back down on the lounge sofa. To my surprise, I see Woozi walk in. He's always cooped up in his room.

"Yah, did you see Y/n?"

"Mm." I respond

"She looked a bit woozy. Get it?"

"Mm." I respond again.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just I'm not allowed to interact with Moonbin or Y/n."

"Because?"

"Eun Ae and Ji Mi and practically everyone is forbidding me to."

"Well why don't you talk with them secretly."

"Don't you realize how difficult that is?"

"Well. Yeah, but don't you want to talk to them?" He waits for my response. I give him nothing. "I'm just saying. If you really want to then you would." He walk out of the lounge with a box of mochi.

Should I even do that? I would get beat up by Eun Ae and Ji Mi. Is it really worth it? I think it over and decide that I should. However, I need the help of Moonbin first.

"Moonbin I have to talk to you." I text.

"In an alley? If so, get ready for knuckles in your face." He texts back promptly.

"No. I mean, let's have a truce for a little bit so that we can find a system to actually talk to Y/n."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, were you expecting more." I see Moonbin taking a while to text back.

"Okay. You're right. What was I expecting?"

"Anyways, I was think we could probably just bend around her schedule to talk to her."

"Nope, she's waaaayyyyy too busy with the diet and dance practices. She barely has time for us. Besides, if we intervene then we'll just add on their her losing more sleep."

"Well what do you suggest?"

"I think we should just text her. We can still be texting her the same way we talk."

"Nuh-uh. First, like you said she has a busy schedule and Shin Ae plays on Y/n's phone a lot so that's definitely a no."

"Seriously? Ugghhhhhhh. This is so tedious. She's basically on lockdown mode."

"Yep. I don't have any other ideas. You?"

"Yeah, same. I have no idea what to do."

"Alright then. This plan was a bust. Bye then."

"Goodbye."

Moonbin POV

"Yeah, same. I have no idea what to do." I lie.

"Alright then. This plan was a bust. Bye then."

"Goodbye."

How uncreative he is. I already had a plan in mind. I just have to go old-school and make sure Jinjin and manager-nim doesn't catch me. I quickly get a pen and piece of paper.

__________________

Dear Y/n,
          It's been a long time since I've written one of these. Something I'd like to clear up, is the way I grimly talked to you in the morning. I didn't mean to, it's just that my manager doesn't want me to talk to you with much emotion to keep our kiss at the airport on the low. Speaking of which, the kiss wasn't a goodbye one.

Love,
Your Starbeam
P.S. Don't tell anyone about this because I don't want them to gossip about this. It might lead to my manager's.

I fold it up and shove it down a pocket in one of her jackets that she left during practice. I sure no could catch that.

Unless she sabotages it by immediately throwing it to the washer. I begin to panic a little think my plan won't work. The I realize how stupid I am. I'll just tell her to check her pocket and leave immediately for a dramatic exit.

"So how are we going to confess to her?" Vernon buzzes in my pocket.

Seriously? "You can confess whenever you want to. I'm sure she'll pick me anyways."

"Whatever. Thanks for answering, I guess."

I was planning to confess to Y/n when we went out again, but I got cut off by her flight. Hopefully, nothing interferes after the performance. Then everything else will be like clockwork.

Vernon POV

I catch Eun Mi before she went to her dorm.

"Eun Mi-Noona!" I holler.

"Mm? What it is?"

"Is the 'team' thing about 'shipping'?" I ask to make sure my intuition was right.

She leans in close. "Who told you? Was it Je Yoon? I told her not to."

"What? No. It was a little obvious. Anyways, I need your help with something." I whisper, trying not to wake the other girls.

She gasps in excitement. "Is it like a mission?"

"Yeah, sort'a. I need you to be a messenger between Y/n and I."

"And you can't talk to her, why?"

"'Cause Ji Mi and Eun Ae are net letting me."

"Okay got'cha." She begins to turn around to go to her room.

"And don't tell them I told you."

She gives me an "okay" sign and walks into her dorm room. Okay, finally got a system of talking to her. Though it might take forever to get a message out, it's totally worth it.